French Toast Roll-ups with Sausage is a tasty and satisfying breakfast treat. The combination of crispy, golden-brown bread, and savory sausage is sure to get your taste buds tingling. They are easy to make and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
One Sunday morning, I was in the mood for a hearty breakfast but didn't want to spend too much time in the kitchen. I decided to make French Toast Roll-ups with Sausage as I had all the ingredients on hand. I had seen a few videos on social media of people making these roll-ups and they looked delicious.
I gathered the ingredients and got to work. The process was straightforward and I was able to whip up a batch of these roll-ups in no time. I was impressed with how they turned out - the bread was perfectly crispy and the sausage added a nice savory flavor. I served them with a side of maple syrup and fresh fruit, and my family absolutely loved them.
- 8 slices of white bread
- 8 sausage links
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Maple syrup (optional)
How To Make French Toast Roll-ups with Sausage:
- Remove the crusts from the bread and use a rolling pin to flatten each slice.
- Cook the sausage links in a pan over medium heat until they are browned on all sides. Let them cool.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place a sausage link on one end of each slice of bread and roll it up tightly.
- Dip each roll-up in the egg mixture, making sure it is coated on all sides.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Place the roll-ups in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
How to store it?
French Toast Roll-ups with Sausage are best enjoyed fresh and hot. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
How to refrigerate it?
To refrigerate the roll-ups, let them cool to room temperature first. Then, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply microwave for 30 seconds or until warm.
Tips for making perfect French Toast Roll-ups with Sausage:
Flatten the bread slices well before rolling them up to make sure they hold their shape.
Use a non-stick pan or griddle to prevent the roll-ups from sticking and to achieve a golden-brown crust.
Serve with your favorite toppings such as whipped cream, fresh berries, or powdered sugar.
- Instead of sausage links, you can use cooked bacon or ham.
- Try adding a layer of cream cheese or peanut butter inside the roll-up for extra flavor.
- Experiment with different spices such as nutmeg or cardamom to give the roll-ups a unique flavor.
- Use whole wheat or multigrain bread instead of white bread for added fiber and nutrients.
- Use turkey or chicken sausage instead of pork sausage to reduce the fat content.
- Use egg whites instead of whole eggs to reduce the cholesterol content.
Can I use a different type of bread?
Yes, you can use any type of bread you like. However, keep in mind that the bread should be sturdy enough to hold the sausage and egg mixture.
Can I use a different type of sausage?
Yes, you can use any type of sausage you like. Just make sure it is fully cooked before using it in the recipe.
Can I freeze French Toast Roll-ups with Sausage?
Yes, you can freeze them for up to 2 months. Let them cool to room temperature first, then place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. To reheat, simply microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Can I make this recipe for a crowd?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd. Just make sure you have enough cooking space and time.
French Toast Roll-ups with Sausage is a delicious and easy breakfast recipe that is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. They are easy to make and can be customized with your favorite toppings. With this step-by-step guide, you can make your own batch of French Toast Roll-ups with Sausage in no time.