Breakfast sandwiches that you can prepare in advance are perfect for hectic mornings! In just three minutes, take them out of the freezer and enjoy a hot breakfast. Enjoy these English muffins with cheese, bacon, sausage, and fluffy eggs.
Let's be honest. Mornings are so much simpler with breakfast meal preparation.
Before a busy work week, I enjoy making a huge stack of these on Sunday evenings. Every single day after that, I give myself credit.
Bonus: This breakfast is very inexpensive. The last time I had breakfast at McDonald's, I was shocked by the price.
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Whole Milk
- Sausage Patties
- English Muffins
- American Cheese
Wrapping Frozen Sandwiches in a Damp Paper Towel
- The damp paper towel's purpose is to keep the sandwiches from getting tough while heating in the microwave and to promote more even heating.
- If you choose not to use the paper towel, I suggest reheating on 50% power while covered. It may take longer to heat this way.
Breakfast Sandwiches For a Crowd
- This breakfast dish is great for serving a big crowd. Feel free to make them fresh and serve them right away to a group.
- After reassembling the sandwiches as usual, place them back in the oven to melt the cheese. (If you don't want the tops of the English muffins to toast any longer, you might cover them with a layer of foil.)
Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 3 sausage patties
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 English muffins
- 6 slices American cheese, (Velveeta slices work well)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan** with nonstick cooking spray. Add the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and whisk until well combined. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon and sausage on a large baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes, until they’re cooked through and the bacon is crispy. Dab the excess grease off once finished and set them aside.
- Slice the English muffins and place on another large baking sheet. Brush butter evenly over the top of each slice, and bake for 5-8 minutes, or until crisp and slightly toasted on the top.
- Cut the baked eggs into 6 squares of equal size.
- Place an egg square on the bottom half of each English muffin, then either 2 bacon halves or one sausage patty, followed by a slice of cheese, and finally the English muffin top.
- Take 6 paper towels and dampen each one with water, wringing out the excess water. Wrap each breakfast sandwich in the damp paper towel, and then in wax paper. Place them in labeled freezer bags, (or label each individual sandwich).
- Freeze for up to a month.
- To Heat: Remove each sandwich from the wax paper but leave it loosely in the paper towel. Microwave for 40 second increments, flipping in between, until warmed and heated through.
Why the Damp Paper Towel?
- The purpose of the damp paper towel is to prevent the sandwiches from becoming tough when microwaved and helps for more even heating.