If you're looking for a quick and easy breakfast recipe that's both delicious and filling, you've come to the right place! Today, I'm going to share my recipe for Crispy Hash and Eggs Breakfast Skillet. This dish is perfect for those who love the combination of potatoes and eggs, and it's a great way to start your day on a high note. Plus, it's super easy to make, so let's get started!
As someone who loves breakfast food, I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try. That's when I stumbled upon this Crispy Hash and Eggs Breakfast Skillet recipe. I was a bit hesitant to try it at first, as I've never made a breakfast skillet before, but I decided to give it a shot anyway. And boy, was I glad I did! The combination of crispy hash and eggs was absolutely delicious, and it quickly became one of my favorite breakfast dishes.
Here's what you'll need to make this Crispy Hash and Eggs Breakfast Skillet:
- 1 pound of potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup of chopped green onions
- ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
How To Make Crispy Hash and Eggs Breakfast Skillet:
- Now that you have all your ingredients, let's get started on making this delicious breakfast skillet!
- Start by peeling and grating the potatoes. You can use a food processor or a box grater for this.
- Once the potatoes are grated, rinse them under cold water and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the grated potatoes and spread them out into an even layer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook the potatoes for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Once the potatoes are crispy, use a spatula to create four wells in the potato mixture. Crack an egg into each well.
- Sprinkle the chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the potatoes and eggs.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
How to Store it:
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. To reheat, simply microwave the skillet for a minute or two, or until heated through.
How to Refrigerate it?
It's best to refrigerate the Crispy Hash and Eggs Breakfast Skillet in an airtight container to keep it fresh for longer. You can also wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent any air from getting in.
Tips for Making the Perfect Crispy Hash and Eggs Breakfast Skillet:
Be sure to rinse and squeeze out any excess moisture from the grated potatoes to help them get crispy.
Use a non-stick skillet to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Don't overcrowd the skillet. If you need to make more servings, use multiple skillets or cook the potatoes and eggs in batches.
You can customize this recipe by adding your favorite toppings, such as bacon, sausage, or vegetables.
Here is the nutritional information for one serving of Crispy Hash and Eggs Breakfast Skillet (based on four servings):
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 14g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 302mg
- Final Thoughts:
Can I use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes?
Yes, you can! Sweet potatoes work great in this recipe and add a nice sweetness to the dish.
Can I make this dish vegetarian or vegan?
Yes, you can! Simply omit the eggs and cheese and add your favorite plant-based protein and cheese substitutes instead.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
While it's best to eat this dish fresh, you can prep the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the skillet when you're ready to cook it.
Can I use frozen hash browns instead of fresh potatoes?
Yes, you can! Simply follow the cooking instructions on the package and then add the eggs, cheese, and green onions as directed.
In conclusion, this Crispy Hash and Eggs Breakfast Skillet recipe is a delicious and easy way to start your day. It's a great way to use up leftover potatoes, and you can customize it by adding your favorite toppings. Plus, it's a great dish to make for brunch or a weekend breakfast with friends and family.