Are you looking for a simple and delicious breakfast recipe that will make your mornings a little sweeter? Look no further than 3-Ingredient Banana Blueberry Waffles! These waffles are not only easy to make, but they are also healthy and full of flavor. In this blog, we will take you through our experience making these waffles, the ingredients you'll need, and how to make them step by step.
I love experimenting with different breakfast recipes, and one day I stumbled upon a recipe for 3-Ingredient Banana Blueberry Waffles. I was intrigued because the recipe only required three ingredients - bananas, blueberries, and eggs - and it seemed so easy to make. I decided to give it a try and was blown away by how delicious and healthy they turned out to be.
The bananas and blueberries give these waffles a natural sweetness, and the eggs provide the necessary protein to keep you full throughout the morning. The recipe is also gluten-free, making it a great option for those with gluten sensitivities.
To make 3-Ingredient Banana Blueberry Waffles, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup blueberries
How To Make 3-Ingredient Banana Blueberry Waffles:
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl until they are smooth.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and mix them in with the bananas until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Heat up your waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle iron, using approximately ¼ cup per waffle.
- Cook the waffles until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Making Perfect 3-Ingredient Banana Blueberry Waffles:
To ensure your waffles come out perfectly every time, here are a few tips:
- Use ripe bananas as they are sweeter and easier to mash.
- Be sure to mix the batter thoroughly to avoid any lumps.
- Let the waffle iron heat up completely before pouring in the batter.
- Use non-stick spray or butter to prevent the waffles from sticking to the iron.
- Do not overfill the waffle iron with batter, as it can cause the waffles to overflow and stick.
Serving Suggestions for 3-Ingredient Banana Blueberry Waffles:
These waffles can be served in several ways to make them even more delicious. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Top with fresh berries, whipped cream, or maple syrup.
- Spread peanut butter, almond butter, or Nutella on top.
- Add a dollop of yogurt or ricotta cheese for extra creaminess.
- Serve with a side of bacon, sausage, or scrambled eggs for a complete breakfast meal.
Variations of 3-Ingredient Banana Blueberry Waffles:
You can make variations of this recipe by adding different fruits or ingredients. Here are a few variations:
- Chocolate chip banana waffles: Add chocolate chips to the batter for a sweet and indulgent twist.
- Mixed berry waffles: Use a combination of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries for a colorful and flavorful waffle.
- Cinnamon apple waffles: Add chopped apples and cinnamon to the batter for a warm and comforting waffle.
- Savory waffles: Skip the blueberries and add shredded cheese, chopped herbs, and spices for a savory waffle that can be served with bacon or a fried egg.
How to store it?
These waffles can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. However, if you plan to keep them for longer, it is best to store them in the refrigerator or freezer.
How to refrigerate it?
To refrigerate the waffles, let them cool down to room temperature and then transfer them to an airtight container. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to four days. To reheat, simply place the waffles in a toaster or microwave until heated through.
Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones?
Yes, frozen blueberries can be used in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the batter.
Can I add other ingredients to the batter?
Yes, you can customize the recipe by adding other ingredients such as cinnamon, vanilla extract, or chopped nuts.
Can I make these waffles vegan?
Yes, you can make these waffles vegan by substituting the eggs with flax or chia eggs. Simply mix 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed or chia seeds with 6 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 5 minutes until it thickens, then use it as a replacement for the eggs.
3-Ingredient Banana Blueberry Waffles are a delicious and healthy breakfast option that is easy to make and can be customized to your liking. They are also a great way to use up ripe bananas that might otherwise go to waste. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself how tasty and satisfying they are!