I am presenting some good and healthy recipe to you which has numerous benefits to health and surely are tasty and creamy as well. Yes! I am talking about Roasted Green Beans which are loved by most people around the globe.
Green beans are a versatile vegetable that can be prepared in many different ways. Roasting them is a simple yet delicious way to bring out their natural flavor and texture. Now, I will explore the benefits of roasted green beans and then I will also provide a step-by-step guide on how to make them at home.
Health Benefits of Green Beans
If I talk about the benefits of this vegetable, I have a lot of knowledge about that because I myself love vegetables. Green beans are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are low in calories and high in antioxidants, making them a healthy addition to any diet. Some of the key health benefits of green beans are presented as under:
Rich in Nutrients
Green beans are a rich source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. They also contain high levels of antioxidants like carotenoids and flavonoids, which can help protect against chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
Good for Digestive Health
Green beans are high in fiber, which is essential for maintaining good digestive health. Fiber helps keep the digestive system regular and can help prevent constipation and other digestive problems.
Low in Calories
Green beans are very low in calories, with only 31 calories per cup. This makes them an excellent choice for anyone looking to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
How to Make Roasted Green Beans
Roasting green beans is a simple and easy process that can be done in just a few steps. First, we will have a look at the ingredients which are used to make Roasted Green Beans, then I will tell you the complete making process of it as well. So, the ingredients are as follows:
- Fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
The ingredients used in this recipe are not too many in number and also not much expensive as well. So, I recommend you to get your items ready and then have a look at the simple making process which is presented as follows:
- Firstly heat up your oven to 400⁰ F.
- Place the washed and trimmed green beans in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the green beans and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss the green beans until they are evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Spread the green beans out on a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast the green beans in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly browned.
- Remove the green beans from the oven and serve immediately.
Variations and Serving Suggestions
Roasted green beans can be seasoned in a variety of ways to suit your tastes. Here I am giving you a few ideas for variations:
You can add minced garlic or shallots to the olive oil before tossing with the green beans. Sprinkle the green beans with grated parmesan cheese before roasting. Toss the roasted green beans with toasted almonds or pine nuts for added crunch.
Roasted green beans make a great side dish for a variety of main courses. So I am presenting a few serving suggestions as well which are as follows:
- Serve roasted green beans alongside grilled chicken or fish.
- Pair them with roasted potatoes and carrots for a complete meal.
- Serve them as a healthy snack or appetizer.
How long do roasted green beans last?
Roasted green beans can last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Can I use frozen green beans for roasting?
you can use frozen green beans for roasting. Just make sure to thaw them and pat them dry with a paper towel before roasting.
Can I add other vegetables to my roasted green beans?
you can add other vegetables like carrots, onions, or bell peppers to your roasted green beans for a flavorful and colorful side dish.
Roasted green beans are a delicious and nutritious side dish that can be enjoyed by anyone. They are easy to prepare and can be seasoned in a variety of ways to suit your tastes. Whether you're looking for a healthy snack or a tasty side dish for your next meal, roasted green beans are the perfect choice.
Roasted Green Beans
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash the green beans and pat completely dry. Trim the stem off each side. (You can do this faster by lining them all up and trimming several at a time.)
- Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread them out evenly. (Note: A darker baking sheet will give you a little bit more of a darker roast, which is my preference.)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the almonds. Toss to coat, then bake for 3-5 more minutes. Remove and serve!
- The nutritional facts assume that 1 Tablespoon of olive oil remains on the green beans and that the other is left on the baking sheet.
- A squeeze of lemon juice after roasting adds a hint of tangy, fresh flavor.
- Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon, sautéed mushrooms, pine nuts, walnuts, and roughly chopped peanuts all make great ingredient additions.