Are you searching for a recipe that can cook in less than 10 minutes? Bok Choy can be cooked in various methods but I liked to stir them with ginger and garlic. You can’t imagine how this recipe is healthy, full of nutrients, and quick to make.
If you want to cook Bok Choy as a main dish you can go with Crispy Baked Chicken and Baked Lemon Honey Salmon. I highly recommend it for a side dish because it is easy to make and the flavor of ginger garlic makes it fabulous. You will love the crispiness of the leaves. It gives you the same crispiness that would you like from other veggies.
There are different varieties of Bok Choy and it is also known as “ chines Cabbage”. Baby Bok Choy and large Bok Coy both come into the market but I love to stir baby Bok Choy. There is no difference between both Bok Choy.
BOK CHOY RECIPE VIDEO
If you have no idea how to make Bok Choy you can watch its recipe video. The video is available at the touch of a finger.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF BOK CHOY
You can’t imagine how Bok Choy is healthy for us. If I say it is a powerhouse of energy it would not be wrong. It has lots of Vitamins that are best for our eyes, bones, and body. Vitamins A, C, and K have antioxidants that protect our eyes, and Calcium and magnesium give our bones strength. It is the same as broccoli, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts that help our body to fight against cancer. Here we are not considering the ani-oxidant benefits of Garlic and Ginger because here all about bokchoy. You can add it to your regular green veggies like spinach, celery & green beans.
HOW TO PREPARE AND CUT BOK CHOY
It is not so hard to cook bokchoy. First, you need to rinse the dirt from its leaves because sometimes the dirt is found under the leaves. After rinsing from water cut it into two pieces. If you use a big one you need to cut its base portion. You can cook baby bokchoy as a whole but I prefer you to cut it into small pieces before cooking.
HOW TO COOK BOK CHOY
It takes a too short time to cook therefore mince ginger and garlic before cooking. There are the following steps to cook it.
- In a non-stick or regular pan heat up the olive oil on medium flame.
- >Now it’s time to add minced ginger garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add Bok Choy and toss it around for 2 minutes.
- To cook it well pour 2 tablespoons of water in it and cover it with a lid.
- After 2 minute's turn off the flame and dish it out on the plate.
- Sprinkle black paper and a pinch of sea salt to enhance its flavor.
More Healthy Side Dishes Recipes
It is the best side dish but if you want more side dish recipes the list is mentioned below. All these recipes are healthy and full of nutrients.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Green Beans Almondine
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Pear Salad
- Baked Sweet Potato
What pairs well with bokchoy?
It is full of nutrients but you can make pair it with eggplant, orange, cabbage, Almond & Cashew, Beef, shrimp, and Chicken.
What flavor is bokchoy?
Bok Choy is also known as “ Chines Cabbage or Pok Choy”. It’s flavor like cabbage and sometimes likes celery. But it has a lot of vitamins that are best for your body.
Can you eat bokchoy raw?
There are several ways in which you can take bokchoy into your diet. You can eat it roasted, raw, cooked in soup, stir fry and take it with rice.
Are bokchoy and pakchoi the same?
Yes, bokchoy and pakchoi are the same. Bok Choy is a Chinese cabbage known as Shanghai green. The plant is a member of the cabbage or mustard.
It is a fully nutrient recipe for veggie lovers. You can take it as a salad or side dish with other varieties of food. Vitamin A is good for our eyesight and Calcium for bones. Calcium is found at a high level in it. So if you need calcium for your bones Bok Choy is the best option for you. Use its leaves in salads, pasta, and sandwiches to get its health benefits.
THE BEST BOK CHOY RECIPE (GARLIC & GINGER)
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 baby bok choy, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
- Heat the avocado oil in a wok or sauté pan on medium.
- Add the minced ginger and minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the bok choy and use tongs to turn and stir fry the bok choy in the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Pour two tablespoons of water into the pan, cover and let cook for 2 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat, add salt and pepper and serve.
- It's much easier to turn and stir fry the bok choy with tongs rather than a spatula. My favorite tongs are these ones.