A dazzling side dish recipe of veggies, Butternut Squash, and Eggplant Stir Fry with sauté broccoli glazed in sweet and sour balsamic soy sauce. I realize that they were just like left but in each recipe when I use them, they always highly surprised me. Did you know butternut squash, eggplant, and broccoli are one-spot veggies? When you stir them and coated them with sweet and sour sauce it got fabulous. No one can judge that it is a homemade recipe. Give you a delicious flavor like restaurant quality. Light to eat, easy-made recipe, and a bonus side dish for your weekend.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BEST STIR FRY VEGETABLES
All these stir fry veggies work as a shine on the platter.
- Butternut Squash: Buy a small size butter squash and cut it into pieces around two cups.
- Eggplant: You need just one eggplant for this recipe
- Broccoli: When it comes to a crunch in veggies, broccoli is always the perfect combination for all veggies.
- Green Onion & Garlic: No one recipe can complete without garlic and green onion give a spike touch to the recipe.
- Thyme: Fresh leaves of thyme give a lovely aroma to this recipe. You can use basil or rosemary leaves in replacements.
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE STIR FRY SAUCE
An addition of a little bit of savory and sweet sauce make your recipe to the next level. A sauce of my version goes perfectly set to the stir-fried veggies.
- Soy Sauce: If you want to make a gluten-free sauce you can you Tamari to make the perfect sauce.
- Balsamic Vinegar: You need just 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to give a flavor kick to veggies.
- Honey: It will use to give sweetness to the sauce and make the sauce thick.
- Sesame Oil: Use to hold all the flavors together.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND EGGPLANT STIR-FRY RECIPE
You will be amazed to know that this recipe takes just 30 minutes to get ready. The difficult part of the recipe is to peel the veggies. If you want to know how to peel butternut squash find all info in my previous post.
- Make Sauce: First made the sauce. Take a pan add soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, sesame oil and stir them together and keep them aside.
- Caramelized Butternut Squash: Put a pan on the flame drop some oil in it and add butternut to stir about for 5 minutes. When you see its edges got caramelized set aside them.
- Add in other Veggies: Heat the pan and add some oil to it, now add eggplant and fry then add broccoli, garlic, and green onion and cook them until veggies got tender.
- Finish it off: Add sauce in it and stir them for 2 minutes.
A FEW WAYS TO TURN THIS INTO A HEARTY DINNER IDEA
When you think about stirring the veggies you have a lot of options to make something different and easy. Let’s have a look on.
- Add veg protein in it: You can add tofu, chickpea, and different lentil to add protein if you are a veggie lover.
- Serve Over Grain: Serve the veggies with white or brown rice. This combination gives you a punch of flavor that you can’t imagine.
- Turn it into a wrap: It will set amazingly as a wrap. Add the veggies as a filling in tortillas and wrap with some cheese. A mouth-watering combination of veggies.
HOW TO STORE THIS STIR FRY
The stir fry veggies coated with sweet and sour glaze give a ridiculous taste. You can store it in two ways.
- If you want to eat it on daily basis you can store it in an airtight box or jar and keep it in the fridge.
- In the fridge, eggplant got a little bit soft so if you want to keep it fresh you can store it in the freezer in an airtight box.
OH YES, THERE ARE MORE EASY VEGETABLE SIDE DISHES
Veggies are just amazing because you can grab them with each other and make a new combination each day. From roasting to stir-frying they are delicious. There are some recipes of veggies you love to make them.
- Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Zucchini
- Baked Sweet Potato
- Honey Glazed Carrots
What food goes well with eggplant?
You can add lamb meat, red wine, garlic, chocolate, and nutmeg.
What does butternut squash pair well with?
- Herbs & Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, rosemary, sage, thyme, bay leaf.
- Sweet: brown sugar, maple syrup, honey.
- Savory: bacon, chicken, beef, ham, turkey, sausage, nuts, pasta, rice, eggs.
A rich flavor veggies combination with tempting sauce. After this recipe, you will not throw the leftover veggies out of your kitchen. A unique combination of nutrients and a healthy side dish.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND EGGPLANT STIR FRY
- 3 extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 green onion, sliced, with white and green parts separated
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
SOY BALSAMIC SAUCE
- 2 tablespoon tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large pan over medium heat. Add the butternut squash, salt, and pepper. Stir frequently and cook for 5 minutes, until the squash becomes slightly caramelized on the edges.
- Add the eggplant plus 1 more tablespoon oil and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the broccoli, white parts of the green onion, and garlic, and stir for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the broccoli is crisp tender.
- Add the soy balsamic sauce along with the green parts of the green onion, and the fresh thyme leaves. Stir until well combined. Garnish with extra thyme leaves before serving.