Are you looking for a delicious recipe to satisfy your cravings? Then you are on the right spot because today I am here to introduce you to the Baked yuca fries, which are yummy enough to satisfy your cravings and you can have them as your evening snacks.
People are always worried about healthy diet and they keep looking for recipes that are yummy as well as healthy, to find a healthy and yummy recipe is always hard for them but now they can satisfy their evening cravings because this recipe I am going to share is so delicious and easy to make and these fries are healthy as well. The yuca fries are soft and give a golden crispy appearance and you can eat them anytime and enhance their flavor by serving fries with cilantro lime mayonnaise, which adds more flavor and taste to it.
Most of must be curious to know more about this recipe and the term yuca. You must be aware of cassava flour, the yuca is the same as cassava flour because during processing the root is transformed into cassava flour as the moral of this discussion we can say that yuca fries can be named cassava fries.
The yuca has a thick waxy coating when I bought it from the market the purpose of the coating is to protect it because it is a brown, root vegetable, so to preserve the yuca it's necessary to coat it in the waxy layer, this waxy layer is not permanent, you can easily peel it off as you do peeling of potato. The other important point to be noted here is that avoid confusion between the terms yuca and yucca because yucca is an ornamental plant and can't be used for eating purposes, whereas yuca is used for eating and it is part of many recipes as I used it for making delicious fries.
I made yuca fries, which seem golden and have a yummy and soft interior side, I by making large pieces of it so that they seem like batons not like regular fries served these fries with cilantro lime mayonnaise to add more flavor and taste this recipe.
Here is the list of ingredients required to make this delicious recipe:
- Avocado oil
- 2 yuca, cassava
- Pinch of salt,
CILANTRO LIME MAYONNAISE
- Garlic clove
- Lime juice, for a sour taste
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- I preheated the oven and boiled water.
- Peeled out the waxy layer with the help of a peeler because it does not taste good in recipe.
- I used a sharp knife for cutting the yuca fries into small pieces that are able to eat.
- After slicing the yucas, now I added the fries into boiling water for a few minutes.
- When fries were ready, I took the fries out and coat them with avocado oil.
- When fries were coated properly with oil, I baked the fries in the oven for half an hour.
- Now your fries are ready to eat just remove them from oven and placed it in serving plate.
- For cilantro lime mayonnaise, I add all of the ingredients required for mayonnaise to a small food processor and blend until finely chopped, now add the mayonnaise. Your cilantro lime mayonnaise is ready serve it with fries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I peel out the waxy layer of yuca?
A: Yes, you can peel off a waxy layer of yuccas easily.
Is it healthy to eat cilantro lime mayonnaise with fries?
A: Yes, you can eat this mayonnaise with fries without considering health issues.
The yuca fries are the best way to satisfy cravings. The procedure of making yuca fries is somehow different from regular fries because yuca is a little dense and hard than potatoes that's why I boiled cut fries before making them so that they are not hard from the inside. For making these fries just add them in boiling water and peel off its waxy layer, when they are boiled remove them and coat it with avocado oil and place them in oven for baking for almost half an hour. Serve yuca fries with cilantro lime mayonnaise to add more flavor and taste to your evening snack. The cilantro lime mayonnaise is also easy to make, just add the required ingredients like mayonnaise, garlic cloves, cilantro leaves in a blender and blend them well until all the ingredients are chopped well.