If you're a fan of the classic ice cream flavor of mint chocolate chip, but you're looking for a healthier and dairy-free option, then you'll love this mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe. Nice cream is a type of ice cream that is made from frozen bananas, which means it's dairy-free, vegan, and naturally sweetened.
This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a delicious and guilt-free dessert that is easy to make and doesn't require an ice cream maker. The combination of fresh mint leaves and dark chocolate chunks creates a refreshing and indulgent treat that can be enjoyed on its own or as a topping for other desserts. So, let's get started and learn how to make this delicious and healthy mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe.
Thanks to frozen ripe bananas, which are naturally sweet and delicious, good creams don’t require any additional sugar. Just a few more ingredients are needed to create the ideal ice cream-like dessert after the banana acts as a sweet and creamy base.
- Bananas: The secret is frozen, sliced bananas! I have a few suggestions for freezing bananas, but for a sweeter delicious cream, use ripe bananas that have just begun to turn brown. Hence, you are not required to use any honey or maple syrup, though you are always welcome to do so.
- Avocados: A ripe avocado lends a natural green hue without adding any artificial coloring to the ultra-creamy texture. As an added bonus, avocados are flavorless and will absorb any flavor you add, even peppermint. You already know if you’ve tried my chocolate avocado custard!
- Use almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or your preferred non-dairy milk if you’d like.
- For the perfect quantity of peppermint taste, only a tiny dab of peppermint extract is required. To ensure that the peppermint flavor is not overbearing, start with a little and add more.
- Vanilla Extract: A tiny bit of vanilla extract balances the peppermint flavor and sweetens the delicious cream.
- Choose your preferred chocolate, whether it be milk chocolate or dark chocolate, from the chocolate bar. Your decision!
A MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP TWIST ON HOW TO MAKE NICE CREAM!
Avocados and bananas should be frozen. Bananas should be peeled, cut into bits, and placed on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. The avocado should be peeled, diced, and added to the baking sheet. Both should be frozen for at least two to three hours. They must be thoroughly frozen.
Mix the foundation well! In a powerful blender or food processor, combine the bananas, avocado, almond milk, peppermint essence, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth for one minute. Be sure to use the tamper if your blender has one.
The chocolate is inserted. If you want to retain large chocolate bits, add the chopped chocolate to the blender and either stir together or pulse a few times.
You can now enjoy it! Serve right away for a soft texture or freeze for a few hours in a loaf pan for a firmer texture.
A FEW TIPS FOR THE PERFECT NICE CREAM RECIPE
- Make sure the blender is filled sufficiently. This recipe should not be reduced in any way. A high-powered blender requires a minimum quantity of “stuff” in order for it to churn into beautiful cream. The next time, you could want to choose larger bananas if you discover that it’s not blending properly.
- Don’t be afraid to use the tamper. The tamper needs to be pushed down firmly. There is some arm exercise involved, but it only lasts for one minute.
- Blending while scraping down the edges. Considering that the majority of your materials are frozen, you might need to move around bigger clumps
STORAGE OF ICE CREAM
- Nice cream leftovers can be frozen for up to three months in an airtight container. But remember that after you take it out of the freezer, it will be firm as a rock.
- Let it defrost at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- The Finest Mint and Mint Extract Variety
- Are you aware that there are more than 600 different types of mint? A lot of them provide their own distinctive flavors.
- For instance, peppermint has a stronger flavor than spearmint, which is more delicate. Although peppermint can also be used in this ice cream recipe, spearmint is often the type of fresh mint offered in grocery stores.
- In actuality, peppermint, not spearmint, is frequently used to make mint ice cream. Just bear in mind that you should use a little less peppermint because it contains more menthol.
- If you don’t have fresh mint on hand, you can substitute an extract. Peppermint extract is created from peppermint leaves, whereas mint extract is actually a blend of both.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP NICE CREAM
- 4 large bananas
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ cup almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- Peel and slice the bananas into chunks, and place on a parchment lined baking tray. Peel and dice the avocado, and add to the baking tray. Freeze for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Add the frozen bananas, frozen avocado, almond milk, peppermint extract and vanilla extract to a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend for one minute, or until smooth. If your blender has a tamper, make sure to use that.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the blender and either stir together (if you'd like to keep big chunks of chocolate – my preferred method) or pulse a couple of times (to get small flecks of chocolate).
- Serve immediately for a soft texture or place in a loaf pan and freeze for a couple of hours for a firmer texture.