Turmeric tea is a calming and warming combination of powdered turmeric, lemon juice, and honey. It has anti-inflammatory chemicals that are beneficial to your health. And it tastes great!
TURMERIC TEA INGREDIENTS
Turmeric is one of my go-to ingredients when making healthy drinks like turmeric smoothies. This tea has a milder flavor than my jam juice, making it a delightful drink that you can sip all day. Here's everything you'll need to get started:
- Turmeric: I used ground turmeric in this recipe because it's easy to locate and maintain in my cupboard.
- Lemon Juice: A vibrant burst of citrus taste is provided by freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Honey: I prefer a little sweetness in my tea. You may use maple syrup for honey if you like.
- Black pepper: A sprinkle of black pepper aids in the absorption of curcumin from turmeric.
You can brew turmeric tea if you can boil water! With just a few simple steps, you'll be sipping your way to excellent health.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the water, turmeric, lemon juice, honey, and black pepper.
- Heat on high until the tea begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let the tea cool for some time.
- Pour into a favorite mug and serve.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF TURMERIC
Due to its potent anti-inflammatory qualities, turmeric is fantastic for people with autoimmune diseases (like me). According to studies, curcumin controls inflammatory signals to treat several autoimmune diseases. The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric help fight chronic inflammation, which can weaken your immune system. This tea is a great addition to your wellness routine throughout the colder months.
Turmeric increases the creation of new neurons and may slow cognitive decline if you're aiming to improve brain health. Who wouldn't adore it if it could also delay the onset of heart disease and aging?
HOW TO MAKE TURMERIC TEA
Making turmeric tea is simple if you know how to boil water. You may start sipping to excellent health with only a few straightforward steps;
- In a small pot, combine the water, turmeric, lemon juice, honey, and black pepper.
- Just heat the tea on high until it begins to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes at a medium-low temperature.
- Let the tea cool for a few seconds. Pour into your preferred cup and take a sip.
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TEA
When you've prepared your basic turmeric tea, play around with the recipe a bit.
- For a toasted spice flavor, add a dash of ground cloves, nutmeg, or cinnamon.
- When the tea simmers, add a bag of green tea or chamomile tea to the pot to intensify the flavor.
- Try substituting freshly squeezed orange juice with the lemon juice.
MORE HEALTHY DRINK RECIPES
I have a wide selection of nutritious drinks for you to choose from. Try out some of these amazing dishes!
- Ginger Shots
- Elderberry Tea
- Green Juice (power-packed!)
- Apple, Carrot and Beet Smoothie
- Best Green Smoothie
EASY TURMERIC TEA
- 2 water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a small pot, add water, turmeric, lemon juice, and black pepper. Whisk together and heat over high heat. When the tea just starts to boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the tea is finished simmering, turn off the heat, add the honey, and let the tea cool for a minute or two.
- Pour the tea into a mug through a strainer to remove the black pepper and enjoy.