Everyone's favorite summer beverage is a strawberry margarita. It's fruity and festive, and you'll have a refreshing drink in minutes with just five ingredients and a blender.
The act of mixing the ingredients together for a strawberry margarita may be extremely pleasant, especially when you watch the brilliant pink hue emerge. The perfume of fresh strawberries and lime may be energizing, and the end dish should look as lovely as it tastes.
When you first taste a newly produced strawberry margarita, you may notice a rush of fruity flavors followed by a faint tequila kick. The drink's smooth and refreshing texture makes it a great beverage for a hot summer evening or a social event with friends.
WHAT’S IN A STRAWBERRY MARGARITA?
You need the following ingredients, all of which are vegetarian.
Frozen strawberries make a rich and delightful strawberry margarita (exactly like your favorite Mexican restaurant). They're inexpensive, simple to obtain, and won't dilute your margarita with blended ice.
But, if you have fresh strawberries, they will also work. Just wash the berries and remove the stems before putting them in the blender. The margarita is then served on the rocks with ice.
TEQUILA AND ORANGE LIQUEUR
To begin, select a fine blanco (or silver) tequila for its pure agave taste. I'm using reposado tequila, but you may use anything you like.
When it comes to orange liqueurs, I like Cointreau's blend of sweet and bitter oranges. Curaçao and Grand Marnier are two more popular brands.
Margaritas rely heavily on freshly squeezed lime juice. Don't use lime juice from a bottle; the flavor is subdued and bland. The use of fresh limes makes all the difference.
Because strawberries are inherently sweet, I don't believe sugar is necessary in this recipe. If you like a sweeter margarita, feel free to add your preferred sweetener. I'd start with 3-4 tablespoons of honey, sugar, or other sweetness and adjust to taste.
SALT OR NO SALT
This is entirely a matter of personal choice. I enjoy a salt-rimmed glass, but there is no right or wrong solution here. You do what you want.
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY MARGARITA
- First Prepare your glasses. Wrap a slice of lime over the upper outside rim of your glasses.
Set aside after rolling it in the margarita salt mixture.
- Mix until smooth. In a blender, combine the frozen strawberries, tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice.
Mix until the mixture is absolutely smooth. You may taste it here and add more tequila or sweetness as desired.
- Fill it up. Pour the margarita into the cups and top with a strawberry. That's all!
EASY STRAWBERRY MARGARITA RECIPE
- 1 pound frozen whole strawberries
- ¾ cup tequila
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange liqueur, Cointreau or similar
- ⅓ cup honey or other sweetener, more or less to taste
- margarita salt, to rim the glasses
- limes, for garnish
- Prep your glasses. First, run a small wedge of lime around the upper outer rim of your glasses. Then roll it into the margarita salt mixture. Set aside.
- Add the strawberries, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and honey to a blender. Blend until it's completely smooth. Taste test and add extra sweetener or alcohol if desired.
- Pour the blended margarita into the glass and garnish with a strawberry or slice of lime.
- Make sure to use fresh limes for the lime juice and not bottled lime juice. The flavor difference is huge.
- This recipe is frosty, but pourable. It's not the brain-freeze kind of thick frozen margarita you might get in a restaurant. But if you'd like it extra thick and slushy, you can add two cups of ice.