This strawberry banana smoothie is a simple, healthy dish made with fresh ingredients. It's creamy, sweet, and healthy, and it can be made with or without dairy. This is the ideal summer smoothie!
BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
Drinking a cold and refreshing smoothie made from fresh ingredients is one of the best ways to enjoy the summer. I'm a huge smoothie fan because it's so simple to throw a bunch of ingredients into my Vitamix and have an amazing drink in 30 seconds.
With strawberries in season right now, it only makes sense to prepare this traditional strawberry banana smoothie recipe. Smoothies may be fancy with chia seeds, collagen, hemp seeds, and other exciting ingredients, but a plain, uncomplicated smoothie is just as wonderful.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS
Want to know the ingredients in this delectable smoothie? Just a few fresh ingredients, such as:
- Fresh strawberries
- Greek yogurt
MY STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE TIPS
- Don't use all of the frozen fruit. If you use both frozen strawberries and a frozen banana, the texture will be incredibly thick, comparable to my Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe. Use fresh strawberries and a frozen banana instead. If you only have frozen strawberries, defrost them first.
- No sugar should be added. It's bizarre that some recipes ask for a sweetener in a fruit smoothie. Mother Nature has provided us with plenty of sweetness in strawberries and bananas, so no additional sugar is required.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana SMOOTHIE
It is actually as simple as combining the strawberries, frozen banana, milk, and yogurt in a blender and churning until smooth. If you follow the recipe exactly, it should be chilled and drinkable but not too thick. the ideal consistency!
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 banana, quartered and frozen
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Greek yogurt is nice and thick, but you could use regular yogurt in this recipe as well.
- The Vitamix blender I use it the Vitamix Ascent 3500 - and I love it!
- I also recommend these stainless steel straws and glass straws instead of plastic straws.