Meatballs are a classic comfort food that always satisfies cravings. And what's better than a delicious meatball? One that you can make in your slow cooker! Slow Cooker Meatballs are easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for busy weeknights. Join me on this journey as we dive into making the perfect Slow Cooker Meatballs!
As an avid fan of meatballs, I was always looking for new ways to enjoy them. That's when I stumbled upon the idea of making Slow Cooker Meatballs. At first, I was hesitant to try it out, as I had never made meatballs in a slow cooker before. But my curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to give it a go.
I gathered all the necessary ingredients and started preparing the meatball mixture. As I rolled each meatball into a perfectly round shape, I couldn't help but feel excited about the end result. I carefully placed each meatball into the slow cooker and poured the tomato sauce over them.
The slow cooker did its magic, cooking the meatballs to perfection while infusing them with rich flavor. The aroma of the dish filled my house, making my mouth water in anticipation. When it was finally time to eat, I eagerly dished out a serving of the juicy meatballs and took a bite. It was everything I had hoped for and more - tender, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying.
Since that day, Slow Cooker Meatballs have become a staple in my recipe collection. They're easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for busy weeknights. If you're a fan of meatballs, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try - your taste buds won't be disappointed!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
How to Make It:
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix until well combined.
- Roll mixture into 1 ½ inch balls and place in the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, mix together crushed tomatoes and sugar. Pour over meatballs into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
How to Store:
Once the meatballs have cooled down, transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To freeze, place them in a freezer-safe container and store them for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat:
To reheat, place the meatballs in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. You can also reheat them in the oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
Tips to Make it More Delicious:
- Use a combination of ground beef, pork, and veal for more depth of flavor.
- Add chopped onions and bell peppers to the mixture for added texture and flavor.
Swap out the crushed tomatoes for your favorite marinara sauce.
Can I use frozen meatballs?
Yes, you can use frozen meatballs in this recipe. Just add them to the slow cooker with the tomato sauce and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
Can I use turkey or chicken instead of ground beef?
Yes, you can use ground turkey or chicken in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as poultry typically cooks faster than beef.
Can I make these meatballs ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the meatballs ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator or freezer until you're ready to use them. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly if they are not fully thawed.
Can I freeze leftover meatballs?
Yes, you can freeze leftover meatballs in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How do I know when the meatballs are fully cooked?
The internal temperature of the meatballs should reach 165°F (74°C) when fully cooked. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double the recipe if you're feeding a larger crowd or want to have leftovers. Just make sure to use a large enough slow cooker to accommodate the extra meatballs.
Slow Cooker Meatballs are a delicious and easy way to enjoy this classic comfort food. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can have a satisfying meal that the whole family will love.
Slow Cooker Meatballs
- 1.5 lb. ground beef, preferably 80% lean
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, Italian or Plain
- ½ cup minced onion
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup Parsley
- 56 oz. marinara sauce
- Gently combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl, don't overwork the meat, we want tender meatballs.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop up the meat and roll them into balls, about 1.5 inches around.
- Lightly grease the bottom of the Slow Cooker. And place the meatballs inside, it’s okay if you need to stack them.
- Add the marinara sauce. No need to stir.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7.
- Stir it gently a few times prior to serving.