Many recipes are available related to steak, but here is another delicious recipe, and that is Skirt Steak With Chimichurri Sauce. It's suitable for summer dinners, and the method is simple. The cooking time is 30 minutes, and juicy, tender, and mouthwatering steak with delicious sauce will be ready for dinner.
Let's Talk Skirt Steak & Flank Steak
It's a Latin American dish served along with tasty chimichurri, which is delicious. You can use this recipe in your dinner as well. When I made this steak recipe with my homemade sauce, it became more delicious and tempting.
When you talk about steak, you have two choices: one is skirt steak, and the other is flank steak. So, the choice is yours, and you need to choose one. The steak is made with beef, and both options are unique in taste and made on the grill. But there is a flaw with the flank, it's expensive and ticker. So, it is better to go with the skirt steak.
You need to keep all these things in your mind before cooking this recipe. You can make it for your dinner, and for dinner, it is the best recipe. You can also cook this recipe for friends to gather.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Let me tell you about the ingredients that are added to the Steak. It enhances the flavour of the dish when marinating along with some ingredients. When you add salt and pepper to beef, it gives you a great and mouthwatering taste of steak. After adding the chimichurri sauce you will get the unique flavor of the steak.
The following ingredients you need to add to your recipe:
- First of all, you need a steak. Additionally, you have two options: flank or skirt. I prefer and recommend going with the skirt because it's thin and cooks quickly.
- You will not need to add too many spices. You can add 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of paper. These two ingredients are enough for seasoning.
- The final ingredient is chimichurri sauce which gives a unique flavor to the steak, and you love to eat the steak.
First, Let’s Make Chimichurri Sauce
The unique flavor comes in the dish using the Chimichurri sauce. Here is the recipe for the sauce, and you can make it easier.
- Firstly, you need dry ingredients: parsley, ginger, oregano, and chili paper. You need to chop all the ingredients and set them aside.
- Now, put all ingredients of dry herbs that you chop into a bowl and add salt, paper, vinegar, and olive oil. Stir all the ingredients properly. It is preferred to leave sauce sometime, and all the flavors enhance. However, you can use it immediately also.
How To Cook Skirt Steak
The chimichurri sauce is ready, and now moving to cook the steak. You need an indoor or outdoor grill pan for grilling the steak.
Dry the skirt steak with a kitchen paper towel when it comes to room temperature. Now season both sides with salt and pepper.
Now your steak is ready for grilling. The tip of grilling is to cook it to low flame. If you follow this tip, beef cooks tender and moist. So, you need to preheat the grill on medium to high flame. Cook the steak for 3 to 4 minutes for one side and the same for the other. Avoid overcooking the steak to get the tasty flavor.
Now your yummy steak is ready, it's time to serve it. You need to slice the steak into thin pieces and add chimichurri sauce.
Tips For The Best Grilled Skirt Steak
- If you want to get all the flavor in the steak, keep resting before slicing it.
- Keep this tip in your mind before slicing the steak. Slice the steak against the grain. It's easy to make thin slices of steak.
- If you want to enhance the flavor of every ingredient, you need to marinate the steak for a few hours in a fridge.
Storing Leftover Skirt Steak
It's also possible to save the leftover steak and cook it. There are two ways to save the steak that is following:
- If you want to store steak, put the steak slices into an airtight box and store it in the refrigerator. You can use this steak within 3 to 5 days.
- The other way is freezing the steak. If you want to freeze it, you need to cut the slice into small pieces and freeze it.
SKIRT STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- 1 ½ pound skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chimichurri sauce
- Season. Bring the skirt steak to room temperature and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill. Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan on the stove to medium-high heat. Grill the steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Slice. Slice the steak against the grain and top with chimichurri sauce.