Presenting you the most classic pudding known as Pomegranate Chia Pudding Parfait. It is a healthy and delicious dish that combines the nutritional benefits of chia seeds and pomegranate fruit. This dish is not only tasty but also packed with protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, and protein. They can also help lower blood sugar levels and reduce inflammation in the body. Pomegranate fruit is high in antioxidants and contains vitamins C and K, potassium, and folate. Consuming pomegranate can help boost the immune system, improve digestion, and lower the risk of chronic diseases.
Here I am telling the ingredients which are used to make the subject dish. After that, we will discuss the step-by-step process of making this dish. One thing that is important to mention here is that this pudding can be used not only for enjoyment and taste but can also be used as a treatment for aforementioned diseases. So, if someone wants to get a good immune system, this dish should be kept on a regular diet as well.
POMEGRANATE CHIA PUDDING PARFAIT RECIPE INGREDIENTS
To make Pomegranate Chia Pudding Parfait, you will need the following ingredients:
- Almonds or Unsweetened almond milk (it can be used according to choice)
- Chia seeds (may be used less or more of your choice)
- Honey (In one serving, 1 tablespoon of honey is enough)
- Vanilla extract (as per taste)
- Pomegranate seeds (1 pomegranate is enough to get seeds for one serving)
- Greek yogurt (a small amount of this yogurt can be used)
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHIA PUDDING PARFAIT
Making this dish takes too less time if the prerequisites are already refrigerated, like honey, vanilla extract, etc.
Below is the step-by-step process to make the parfait:
In a bowl, whisk together the almond milk, chia seeds, honey, and vanilla extract. Make sure there are no clumps of chia seeds.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Before serving, remove the chia pudding from the fridge and give it a stir. If it's too thick, you can add a little more almond milk to thin it out.
Layer the chia pudding, pomegranate seeds, Greek yogurt, and granola in a parfait glass or bowl. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used up.
Not only is this dish healthy and delicious, but it's also very versatile. You can swap the pomegranate seeds for other fresh berries, and the granola for nuts or seeds. You can also adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less honey.
STORING AND FREEZING
Storing: Pomegranate Chia Pudding Parfait can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you are meal prepping, you can make a batch of Pomegranate Chia Pudding Parfait and store it in airtight containers in the refrigerator for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack throughout the week.
Freezing: To freeze Pomegranate Chia Pudding Parfait, first assemble the parfait as you normally would, but leave out any toppings that may not freeze well, such as fresh fruit or granola. Transfer the parfaits to airtight containers or freezer-safe bags, making sure to leave some space at the top for expansion. Label and date the containers or bags. Place the containers or bags in the freezer and freeze them for up to 2 months.
When you're ready to enjoy your frozen Pomegranate Chia Pudding, Parfait, simply remove it from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once it's thawed, you can add any desired toppings, such as fresh fruit or granola. The texture of the chia pudding may be slightly different after freezing, but it should still be delicious and nutritious.
It's important to note that freezing and thawing may affect the texture of the chia pudding, so it's best to freeze it without any toppings to ensure the best quality.
Pomegranate Chia Pudding Parfait is a nutrient-dense dish that's perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert. It's easy to make, customizable, and provides a satisfying and delicious way to get essential nutrients. Try it out today and enjoy the many benefits of chia seeds and pomegranate fruit.
POMEGRANATE CHIA PUDDING PARFAIT
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
FOR THE PARFAITS
- ½ cup yogurt (dairy or dairy-free)
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- To make the chia pudding: Stir together the almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Let rest for 10 minutes, then stir again once the seeds have started to gel. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least one hour.
- To assemble the parfaits: Dollop yogurt in the bottom of a glass jar. Top that with a few spoonfuls of chia pudding, then a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds, a sprinkle of almond slices, more chia pudding, yogurt, and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately or make the chia pudding parfaits ahead of time and place in the fridge until ready to serve.