If you are looking for a perfect appetizer to serve your guests, then Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball can be an ideal option. This cheesy and fruity ball is a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors that will surely leave your taste buds tingling.
I still remember the first time I made Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball, it was for my friend's birthday party. I had never made a cheese ball before, but the recipe looked easy enough. I gathered all the ingredients and started mixing them together. The sweet aroma of crushed pineapple and the nutty smell of pecans filled the room, and I knew I was on the right track.
As I shaped the mixture into a ball and coated it with finely chopped pecans, I couldn't help but feel proud of myself. The finished product looked beautiful and tasted even better. When I arrived at the party with my creation, my friend was thrilled to see it. Everyone at the party loved it and kept asking for the recipe.
Since then, I have made this cheese ball several times for family gatherings and parties, and it never fails to impress. It has become my go-to appetizer, and my friends and family always look forward to it. The combination of creamy cheese, sweet pineapple, and crunchy pecans is simply irresistible.
In fact, I recently made it for a potluck dinner, and a couple of my friends who had never tried it before were blown away. They couldn't stop raving about it and even asked me to make it for their upcoming events. It's safe to say that Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball has become a crowd favorite, and I'm happy to share this delicious recipe with everyone.
To make this scrumptious cheese ball, you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
How to Make Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball:
Follow these simple steps to make your own Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball:
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add the crushed pineapple, chopped pecans, chopped green onions, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients until they are thoroughly combined.
- Take a plastic wrap and place the mixture on it. Shape the mixture into a ball.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the ball and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, take the ball out of the plastic wrap and roll it in more chopped pecans to coat it evenly.
- Serve it with crackers or sliced vegetables.
How to Store It:
The Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to Refrigerate It:
Once prepared, wrap the cheese ball tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before serving.
How to Reheat:
This cheese ball does not require reheating as it is served cold. However, if you have leftovers and want to soften them a bit, leave them out at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Tips to Make Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball More Delicious:
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing it with other ingredients.
- Use finely chopped pecans to coat the cheese ball for a better presentation.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Use freshly grated garlic instead of garlic powder for a stronger flavor.
- If you do not have green onions, you can use finely chopped chives instead.
Can I use canned pineapple for this recipe?
Yes, you can use canned pineapple as long as it is drained properly.
Can I use a food processor to mix the ingredients?
Yes, you can use a food processor to mix the ingredients, but make sure not to over-mix it.
Can I freeze this cheese ball?
No, this cheese ball is not recommended to freeze as it can affect the texture and taste of the dish.
Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball is an easy-to-make and delicious appetizer that will surely impress your guests. With the perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors, this cheese ball is a must-try for all cheese lovers.
Pineapple Pecan Cheese Ball
- 6 strips OSCAR MAYER America’s Favorite Bacon, Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon, Uncooked
- 20 oz. crushed pineapple
- 2 8 oz. packages PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese
- 1 cup KRAFT Natural Cheese Sharp Cheddar
- 1 oz. Ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¾ cup PLANTERS Roasted Pecans, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Place the bacon in a large pan over medium-low heat and cook the strips slowly, using tongs to flip them every so often as the ends begin to curl. This helps the bacon cook evenly.
- As the bacon cooks, place the pineapple in a strainer and use the back of a spoon to push out as much pineapple juice as possible. Place the drained pineapple in paper towels and squeeze as much additional juice out as you can. Pineapples contain a lot of liquid. You should have just over a ½ cup remaining once you’ve finished draining.
- Once the bacon is cooked, set the strips on a paper towel-lined plate to allow excess grease to absorb. Use a knife to roughly chop the bacon.
- In a large bowl, use a silicone spatula to combine the bacon, pineapple, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch mix, and green onions until all ingredients are evenly incorporated and mixed.
- Roll the mixture into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Flash freeze for 5 minutes.
- Plate the chopped pecans and dried cranberries on a plate or cutting board.
- Remove the cheese ball from the plastic wrap and roll it into the pecan/cranberry mixture.
- Refrigerate in plastic wrap for a minimum of one hour if possible to allow the flavors to blend together. Serve with crackers, pretzels, pita chips, or vegetables.