Are you fond of spicy food recipes? Then you are in the right spot because today I am going to share a Mexican recipe with you guys named Pico de Gallo, that is very spicy and delicious and you can have it at your home without using any fancy ingredients, it is easy to make and all the ingredients used in this recipe has a balanced taste, there are so many ways to serve this delicious recipe with tortilla chips and many other Mexican dishes, you can also have it on its own, it seems like many other salsa recipes but it is easy and yummy than any other dish. There are always cravings for spicy food and Pico de gallo is the best recipe to satisfy those cravings, you can make it by using a few available ingredients.
How To Make Pico De Gallo?
To make it, I just chopped all the above-mentioned ingredients in a bowl and then mixed them with salt and lime juice and Pico De Gallo is ready.
WHAT IS PICO DE GALLO?
You must have tried Mexican salsa, it seems very similar to them because it does not require any cooking stuff just chopping and the recipe is ready, for this recipe I used, onions, tomatoes, chilly flakes like jalapeño or serrano peppers, and lime juice. For making it all you have to do is chop all the ingredients and put them in a bowl that's it.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SALSA AND PICO DE GALLO?
Many people confuse the terms Pico de galloand salsa because the ingredients and way of making both of them are quite similar but what sets it apart from other salsas is two things.
- As we know Salsa is always rich in liquid, it seems a little bit thinner but when it comes to comparison, pico de gallo has a little bit of thick texture and contains less liquid content.
- As I mentioned above for pico de gala I did not use any flame because all the ingredients required for this recipe were already cooked so there is no need of flame, I chopped all the ingredients and mixed them in a bowl but for salsa, there are many ingredients which requires flame and they need to be cooked
SHOULD I USE JALAPEÑOS OR SERRANO PEPPERS?
In some restaurants in Mexico, you can exchange serrano for a jalapeño. In Mexico whenever I went out I found pico de gallo is nothing just salsa with serrano pepper, because they avoid extra spice for tourists and replace spice with jalapeños, but here in this recipe I explained a traditional way of making pico de gallo and used spices accordingly. If you want true extra spices then go for serrano pepper instead of alternatives.
TIPS FOR THE MAKING THE BEST PICO DE GALLO
Here are some tips for having perfect Pico de gallo:
- Use fresh ingredients for this recipe.
- To have the real flavor of pico de gala, I prefer to chop all the ingredients with my hands.
- Get it ready before serving like few hours ahead of serving so that all the ingredients settle down and marinate properly with natural juices. Make sure before serving them just stir all the ingredients properly.
- I love salty foods, that's why I used salt here, you can adjust the amount of salt according to your taste. You can avoid salt if you do not like too many salty foods.
Can I use jalapenos instead of serrano peppers?
Yes, you can use jalapenos if you do not want extra spices in the recipe.
The Pico De Gallo is a Mexican recipe, that is easy to make without using any flame, for this recipe all we need is a few ingredients like onions, cilantro, tomatoes, and other tastemakers like lime juice, salt, and pepper. Just mix all the ingredients in a bowl and have it. Sometimes this recipe is confused with salsa but it has quite dissimilarities with salsa for salsa we need to cook certain ingredients but in pico de gallo you do not need to cook any ingredients.