A recipe with brilliant color, you would like to make it. Persimmon Caprese Salad is similar to sunshine and the beauty of this recipe is an attractive combination of ingredients with color. If you haven’t persimmon, you can handle this recipe with mozzarella slices. To make it more fascinating add some fresh leaves of basil, reduced balsamic vinegar, and pistachio on the top.
A NEW SPIN ON CAPRESE SALAD
After purchasing the persimmon cheese about a dozen from the market I planned to make cookies but suddenly I changed my mind. Because during the previous week, I have eaten much sweet things and cookies. I was thinking for a week about what to do with persimmon and suddenly I got an idea in my mind. In my previous recipe, I made balsamic vinegar reduction so I decided to make Caprese salad.
I know you are thinking I got made. Who makes Caprese salad with persimmon it's my guarantee that if you try it you want it again & again to eat.
Persimmon is soft and sweet and beautifully made a pair with other ingredients of the salad. These are eye-catching and awesome to present with the different color combinations. Are you desperately waiting for Autumn or winter salads, this recipe is for you.
TWO TYPES OF PERSIMMONS
If you are not familiar with persimmons, don’t panic, I am going to share it with you. It has two types: short and taller. Short persimmon is like tomatoes which are used in different salads and taller & narrow-shaped persimmon are usually used for sweets and desserts. You need to buy persimmon before a week of using it because when you buy it you found them unrip. To make this recipe you need to buy fuyu persimmon. If they are not ripped you have not got them in better taste and can’t slice them easily.
HOW TO MAKE PERSIMMON CAPRESE SALAD
Make balsamic reduction when you find that the fuyu persimmon becomes ripped. The salad is like a cool breeze. Take a knife to make a round slice of persimmon with mozzarella balls. Take a beautifully designed platter to serve the salad. Arrange the persimmon on the plate with mozzarella balls. To give a beautiful look add some basil leaves, drizzle balsamic reduction, and sprinkle a little bit of pistachio on the top. You just love it ad say wow after made it. A delicious and healthy salad for summer. If you want more persimmon recipes of different versions check out Persimmon spiced smoothie.
You can play with balsamic reduction by adding it to Butter Lemon Chicken, Caprese Skweres & Baked Balsamic Turkey.
PERSIMMON CAPRESE SALAD
Enjoy the persimmon salad by following these instructions.
- Make balsamic reduction with the help of my previous recipe. Once you made it cool it at a regular temperature.
- When it goes to a cool temperature, made a slice of persimmon and mozzarella balls and put it on the plate.
- Now add basil leaves to it. Drizzle some balsamic reduction and pistachio on top of a salad.
- It’s ready to eat. Enjoy your colorful salad.
You can store the balsamic reduction vinegar in an airtight jar. But use fresh salad because most of its nutrition is lost after freezing.
Can persimmons substitute for tomatoes?
Both are different in taste but similar in shape. You can try tomato in replace of persimmon. Add them to a sandwich, salad, soup, or roasted tomato in olive oil. It gives you amazing taste.
What does Caprese mean in a salad?
A salad bowl containing pistachio, basil leaves, reduced balsamic, mozzarella, and persimmons.
What to serve with persimmons?
Persimmon can serve with the main course meal. Sweet honey touched with savory meat gives you an outstanding young taste. You can use it with cheese slices. Make a smoothie or eat as a salad. It’s all your choice what would you love to do with it.
Why is persimmon fruit so expensive?
Persimmon is expensive to buy because its fruit season is short. Due to the short availability in the U.S., its price goes high.
In summer you need freshness and Persimmon Caprese Salad is perfect for you. It seems like a spotlight with white, orange, and green colors. The color combination will swing your mood. It is a perfect and ready-to-make recipe. You can add the different variations of your choice to it. It contains Vitamins A, and C, Iron, Fiber, Potassium, and Sodium.
PERSIMMON CAPRESE SALAD
- 4 Fuyu persimmons
- 8 oz balls of mozzarella
- 12 leaves of fresh basil
- 1 recipe Balsamic Reduction
- ¼ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Make the Balsamic Reduction by following those recipe instructions. Then, let it cool to room temperature.
- While your balsamic is cooling, slice your persimmons and mozzarella and arrange in a pattern on your plate. Add several fresh basil leaves to each plate.
- Drizzle the salad with the balsamic reduction and sprinkle with the pistachios.
- Remember that almost all persimmons are sold under-ripe. When you buy your fuyu persimmons, I’d recommend letting them ripen for several days before using in this recipe.
- The balsamic reduction can be made ahead of time and stored in a sealed container in the fridge.