Tasty small skillet brownies that are dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, and paleo are topped with fresh mint chocolate chip ice cream. You gotta taste these for sure.
Mini Skillet Brownies
Hey there foodies! I am thrilled to share with you a special treat that I have created for my birthday – a delicious mini skillet brownie topped with fresh mint chocolate chip ice cream. You heard it right! This dessert is not only indulgent but also gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly. The star of the show is the fresh mint chocolate chip ice cream. While you can always use peppermint extract as a shortcut, using actual mint leaves lends a more subtle and natural flavor.
Plus, you get to skip all those artificial colors as well! The result is a slightly grey/green ice cream that is just as delicious as it looks. Now, let’s talk about the skillet brownie. It’s just the cutest! Made with simple, wholesome ingredients, it’s the perfect base for the creamy, minty ice cream. The whole recipe is easy to follow and comes together in no time.
I’m sharing this recipe today because I would love to celebrate with some dear friends. But don’t worry, as you can also enjoy this recipe with your loved ones too. I got you covered with this amazing recipe. So, let’s get baking and blending!
How to Refrigerate Mini Skillet Brownies:
If you have any leftover fresh mint chocolate chip ice cream and little skillet brownies, store them in the fridge to keep them fresh. The brownies may be stored in the fridge for up to three days if they are placed in an airtight container. You might wish to give the brownies a few minutes to soften at room temperature before serving.
How to Freeze Mini Skillet Brownies:
Put your small skillet brownies with mint chocolate chip ice cream in an airtight bag or freezer-safe container to freeze. They last up to two weeks in the freezer. When you're ready to eat them, take them out of the freezer and wait until they've had a chance to soften at room temperature.
How to Reheat Mini Skillet Brownies:
We advise using a microwave to reheat your little skillet brownies with fresh mint chocolate chip ice cream. On a plate that can be heated in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, combine the brownie and ice cream. After it reaches the required warmth, check the temperature and continue heating in 5-second intervals. Alternatively, you can reheat them in the oven by placing them in a preheated oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes.
The wonderful dessert of little skillet brownies with fresh mint chocolate chip ice cream is appropriate for any celebration. The brownies you make can be chilled, frozen, and then reheated, so you may have them whenever you choose. To keep the ice cream and brownies tasty and fresh, be sure to carefully follow the directions.
Can I use dried mint instead of fresh mint leaves?
Using fresh mint leaves is recommended for this recipe because they provide a more subtle and natural mint flavor. However, if you can't find fresh mint leaves, you can use 1-2 teaspoons of dried mint leaves or peppermint extract.
SKILLET BROWNIES WITH MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM (GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO)
FRESH MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 13.5 oz full fat coconut milk, 1 can
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Roughly chop the mint leaves (no stems) and set aside.
- Heat the coconut milk and honey on medium heat, stirring until just simmering and bubbles form around the edge. Keep a close eye on it as the milk will quickly boil over. Turn off the heat, add the mint leaves, stir and cover. Let the mixture sit for 1 hour, to fully infuse.
- Strain the milk mixture over a fine mesh sieve and use the back of a large spoon or spatula to push down on the mint leaves to extract as much of the flavoring as possible.
- Pour the milk and remaining ice cream ingredients (except the chopped dark chocolate) to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer the ice cream to a covered bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. The more chilled the better.
- Pour the ice cream into an ice cream maker and proceed according to maker directions. Add the chopped dark chocolate in the last minute to combine into the ice cream.
- Place the ice cream into a small loaf pan and chill in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours.
- To make the skillet brownies, preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a double-boiler, melt the butter and chocolate and stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the cacao powder, sugar, arrowroot powder and salt. Stir the eggs and vanilla together in a small bowl, then add them to the dry ingredients and stir. Add the melted chocolate and butter to the mixing bowl and whisk together for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the brownie batter evenly between 4 mini cast iron skillets. Place the skillets on a sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes or until set in the center. These are best not over-baked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Place the skillet on a plate and serve with a scoop of fresh mint ice cream.