These are the gluten-free, low-carb, and bursting flavor recipe to cook at home. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and is great fit for a quick weeknight dinner. This recipe combines zucchini noodles, chicken, and cumin to create a light and fresh dish with a spicy twist that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy!
Zucchini noodles, also known as zoodles, are an excellent alternative to traditional pasta. They are easy to make and can be flavored in numerous ways. With Cinco d Mayo around the corner, this yummy recipe was created to offer a healthier option for those looking to indulge in a delicious meal.
As someone with celiac disease, I have used a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles and put end to my craving for pasta. Spiralizers are affordable and easy-to-use kitchen gadgets that can transform all types of recipes for pasta into a healthy option.
If its your first time hearing the word spiralizing, check out my Beginners Guide to Spiralizing for tips and tricks about what veggies will suit the best. You can now check out the guide below too make the Zucchini Noodles that includes tips on how best to cook them.
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CHICKEN ZUCCHINI NOODLES
This recipe is simple and easy to make and I Follow these below simple steps for a mouth watering Mexican origin dish:
- Saute the Chicken: Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and saute in a pan with a little oil until it's fully cooked.
- Adding of Cumin: I like the flavor of spices and somewhat nutty taste and for that I use the cumin. While sprinkling it over the top of noodles, I make sure to stir the chicken so that everything is evenly mixed.
- Adding of Salsa: I will then pick up the pico de gallo, and stir till I see it al mixing well and then I turn off the stove. It will heat the salsa without cooking it so that the taste remains as such.
- Adding of Zucchini Noodles: I will then add all these ingredients together which include the salsa and the chicken for a crunchy feel.
- Then when I have noticed the noodles getting warm enough I start to serve them. Leaving the noodles too long makes them soggy.
These recipes are not only healthy and delicious, but they're also easy to make and perfect for any time of year. Try them out and let me know which one is your preference!
MEAL PREP WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES
Zucchini noodles are an extraordinary element for feast prep. In the wake of spiralizing the zucchini, put them in an impenetrable compartment on top of a paper towel to retain any overabundance dampness. These yummy zoodles will stay fresh for up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Can I use regular pasta instead of zucchini noodles?
Yes, you can use regular pasta if you prefer. However, using zucchini noodles makes this recipe low-carb and gluten-free.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While the zucchini noodles are best when freshly cooked, you can prepare the other ingredients ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you're ready to cook.
Can I use any other protein in place of chicken?
Yes, you can use your favorite protein. Shrimp, beef, or tofu would all work well in this recipe.
Is this recipe spicy?
Yes, this recipe has a bit of a spicy kick to it. If you prefer less spice, you can reduce the amount of cumin or use a mild salsa instead of pico de gallo.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
While it's possible to freeze the leftovers, the zucchini noodles may become a bit mushy when thawed. It's best to enjoy this recipe fresh.
In conclusion, This recipe of Mexican chicken zucchini noodles combines zucchini noodles, chicken, and cumin to create a light and fresh dish with a spicy twist. These recipes are not only healthy and delicious, but they're also easy to make so grab onto this recipe and try it for the best snack of the evening for yourself and your family.
MEXICAN CHICKEN ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- 3 cups pico de gallo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 medium zucchini
- salt and pepper, to taste
- queso fresco, to garnish
- cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the diced chicken and cumin and stir together for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is the cooking, spiralize the zucchini. Trim the zucchini noodles with kitchen scissors to prevent extra long pieces.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the pico de gallo salsa to the pan. Stir gently for one minute, to warm it through, then turn off the heat.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and toss together with the chicken and pico de gallo.
- Plate the Mexican chicken zucchini noodles, garnish with cilantro, queso fresco and enjoy!
- On the third time making this recipe I added diced avocado and it was divine! Definitely consider adding avocado to the recipe either as fresh avocado, Guacamole or drizzle on my Avocado Dressing for a creamy sauce.