Mediterranean ground beef stir fry is a delicious and healthy dish that is packed with Mediterranean flavors and spices. This recipe is a perfect balance of protein, healthy fats, and vegetables, making it an ideal dish for those who want to eat a balanced and nutritious meal. The dish is easy to prepare and takes only a few minutes to cook, making it a perfect weekday meal.
The ground beef is seasoned with Mediterranean spices such as cumin, coriander, and oregano, which give it a unique and aromatic flavor. The vegetables, including bell peppers, onion, and zucchini, are sautéed with ground beef to create a colorful and flavorful dish that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So let's get started and learn how to make this delicious Mediterranean ground beef stir fry.
And speaking of sauces and seasonings, this dish has none. When the tomatoes soften, they release their juices, which combine with the garlic and oregano to create a fragrant, savory sauce that coats everything in its path. And you're going to adore it.
WHAT’S IN THIS MEDITERRANEAN STIR FRY?
The best of the Mediterranean, from blistered tomatoes and bell pepper to oregano, go into this nontraditional stir fry.
- Any kind of bell pepper can do, but red ones are best due to their inherent sweetness and vivid color.
- Cherry tomatoes are ideal because they are juicy and blister beautifully when cooked. Grape tomatoes can be used as a substitute.
- Baby Spinach: You wouldn't believe how much a tiny tub of spinach shrinks when cooked, so don't worry about having too much.
- The dish is boosted by the addition of garlic and green onion, two essential alliums.
- One pound of ground beef is required for this dish. If you don't like beef, ground chicken or turkey works just as well.
- Oregano: Essential to any flavorful cuisine from the Mediterranean!
- Feta cheese crumbled; omit if you're lactose intolerant. Crumbled feta, on the other hand, gives the dish a delightful Mediterranean twist.
LET’S MAKE THE BEST STIR FRY RECIPE!
Stir-fries are one of my favorite meals because they don't require much time in the kitchen but still turn out delicious. Let's get a big pan and start frying some eggs.
- Cook the tomatoes and pepper in a skillet. For about 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes are blistered, heat the oil in a big pan and sauté the bell pepper and cherry tomatoes. Next, after a minute of stirring, add the garlic.
- Prepare the green onion and spinach. Throw in some spinach and the whites of a few green onions. The spinach should wilt after another two to three minutes of stirring. Take the vegetables out and set them aside.
- Prepare the meat burgers. Put the beef, oregano, salt, and pepper in a skillet and break it up with a spatula. Drain the liquid once it has browned.
- Put everything in one pot! The vegetables are returned to the pan and the green onion tops are added before being stirred in. Crumble some feta cheese on top before serving.
WAYS TO SERVE THIS MEDITERRANEAN GROUND BEEF STIR FRY
It's so wonderful that I could eat it plain or with a little feta on top. But if you want to make it a complete dinner, try these alternative preparations.
- For a heartier supper, serve over rice or lentils.
- Wrap it in butter lettuce leaves for a low-carb alternative.
- Put a fried egg or poached egg on top of this for all my egg eaters.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
The leftovers and pre-made meals from this dish are perfect for the workweek.
- If you put it in a sealed container, you may keep it in the fridge for up to five days. Don't forget to wait for it to cool before putting the lid back on.
- Alternatively, this can be frozen and kept for up to three months.
Choose the right beef: When making a ground beef stir fry, it's important to choose the right type of beef. Look for lean ground beef that has a fat content of 90% or higher. This will help ensure that your dish is healthy and flavorful.
Don't overcook the vegetables: When stir-frying vegetables, it's important not to overcook them. Overcooked vegetables can become mushy and lose their flavor. Cook them just until they're tender but still have some crunch.
Serve with a side of couscous: A side of couscous is the perfect complement to a Mediterranean stir fry. It's quick and easy to make and will soak up all the delicious flavors of your stir fry.
MEDITERRANEAN GROUND BEEF STIR FRY
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces baby spinach (small tub)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon crumbled feta
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and cherry tomatoes and saute for 4-5 minutes, until the tomatoes are blistered, and saucy. Add the garlic and stir another minute.
- Add the spinach and white parts of the green onion. Note that the spinach will take up most of the pan, but it will wilt down. Stir for another 2-3 minutes, until the spinach has wilted. Remove these veggies to a plate.
- Add the ground beef, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pan, and use a spatula to break up the meat. Cook the ground beef until it's browned, then drain off any excess grease.
- Transfer the veggies back to the pan, add the green parts of the green onion, and stir until warmed through. Garnish with crumbled feta before serving.