Are you suddenly craving chia pudding? Do you want to know a great recipe that is easy to make as well as delicious to taste? Then this chia pudding recipe is great for you. You can freeze it and enjoy it even after days!
The recipe of Chia pudding is my own signature recipe which includes recipe ideas from my chocolate pudding as well. Both of these recipes combined will give you a seasonal and professional taste with some great toppings.
Meal prepping for new recipes is always my favorite thing to do in my free time especially if it includes a yummy dessert or a healthy snack. So I love making chia pudding for a similar reason too.
A few weeks back I made chia pudding but I couldn't eat is as I had to go to a business meeting so I thought about freezing it. I didn't know if I can store it for a week but I wanted to give it a try as I had made it with love and a lot of hard work. To my surprise, Even after a week the chia pudding was still delicious and had the same flavor as before.
After discovering this amazing fact about chia pudding now I make it in a bunch and store them. This way I can enjoy it throughout the week as a snack. So instead of spending hours daily to make this healthy chia pudding, now I had to do it once a week and enjoy the rest of the week.
How To Prepare Chia Pudding
Now I will explain the steps that I take to make this amazing chia pudding.
- First, I put the chia seeds in a jar and then pour milk into it slowly as I mix both ingredients together.
- After I have mixed these well then I put them aside for 15 minutes.
- Once this mixture looks like a thick paste then I begin to mix it again.
- Then I add some bananas or other fruits that I like along with the toppings and then cover them.
- Then I leave it to freeze in a refrigerator.
So these are some simple steps that I follow to enjoy my favorite chia pudding. One tip I would like to give is that you should shift the chia pudding from the freezer to your fridge a few hours before you would like to eat it so that it's not too hard and cold to bite. Make sure that you stir it before you start eating for the best taste.
If I talk about the chocolate chia pudding then the prep is similar as well as the storage. So if you are a chocolate lover then you can add that as an ingredient and enjoy your healthy snack.
Are the Ingredients Vegetarian or Non-Vegetarian?
The contents of chia pudding include milk which is considered nonvegetarian so if you are nonveg then you should avoid eating chia pudding.
For How Long Can You Store Chia Pudding?
I store chia pudding in my freezer for five to six days. It can also last for weeks without getting bad but the recommended time is a week. I keep it stored in a small container where the least air can enter it. I would recommend you to use the Weck Jars which store ¼ liter of the item as you can store pudding as well as the topping without losing its look.
In conclusion, chia pudding is a quick healthy recipe that can be made easily as well as stored for longer periods of time. You can freeze it and enjoy it even after days! It will give you a seasonal and professional taste with some great toppings. You can also prepare the chocolate chia pudding with similar methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is chia pudding actually good for you?
- Yes the chia pudding is very healthy because of its contents that provide rich antioxidants, proteins and Omega 3, etc. These are also great for weight loss.
Q. Can I eat chia pudding every day?
- You can eat chia pudding every day but keep in mind that it will lower your blood pressure and blood sugar level so unless you are sensitive to these changes, you should eat it daily.
Q. What are the benefits of chia pudding for PCOS?
- Chia pudding is great for PCOS as it will decrease the appetite, insulin, and inflammation in your body. This will help you reduce your body weight and improve overall symptoms of PCOS.
MEAL PREP CHIA PUDDING
BASIC CHIA PUDDING
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon (optional) maple syrup or other sweetener
- ½ teaspoon (optional) vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fruit Purées
- Nut Butters
- Dried Fruit
- Cacao Nibs
- Shredded Coconut
- Candied Ginger
- Nuts and Seeds
- Add the chia seeds and milk to a small glass jar and stir together.
- Let the chia seeds sit for 15 minutes (they should start to thicken and gel), then stir again.
- Add your favorite fruit and toppings, then secure with a lid.
- Place the chia pudding in the refrigerator or freezer.
- If your chia seeds don't gel and thicken after 15 minutes, it's likely you've got dud chia seeds. Chia seeds can go bad if they've been sitting in your pantry too long or not stored in an air-tight container. Just buy new chia seeds and try again!