One of the best saldas I have ever made is the Massaged Kale Salad. Massaged kale salad is a healthy and delicious salad made with raw kale that has been massaged to make it tender and more flavorful. The technique of massaging the kale involves rubbing the leaves with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt, which helps to break down the tough fibers and make it easier to digest. The result is a tender and wilted kale that is infused with the flavors of the dressing.
Massaged kale salad can be customized with a variety of toppings such as nuts, dried fruits, cheese, or even fresh fruits, making it a versatile and nutritious side dish or main meal. It is a perfect salad to incorporate into a healthy diet, as kale is packed with vitamins and minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. With its delicious flavor and health benefits, massaged kale salad is a great addition to any meal plan.
WHICH TYPE OF KALE TO USE?
There are several varieties of kale, but the most commonly used type for making massaged kale salad is curly kale. This type of kale has curly, ruffled leaves and a slightly bitter flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the dressing. Other types of kale that can be used for massaged kale salad include Lacinato (also known as Tuscan or dinosaur) kale, which has long, narrow leaves and a slightly sweeter flavor, and Red Russian kale, which has flat, frilly leaves and a milder flavor. Regardless of the type of kale, be sure to remove the tough stems and massage the leaves well to make them tender and flavorful.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO MASSAGE KALE?
Here I am going to give you a trick that, massage the kale before use. You people will be astonished as why we actually need to do that?
The answer is that, if we massage the kale, it will become softer and creamier with the texture become clean to ensure best of the taste while using it.
HOW DO YOU MASSAGE KALE?
In order to massage kale we need to follow the below given steps in which I will explain how to massage kale carefully to ensure the desired results:
- Place the chopped kale in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the kale and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to gently massage the kale leaves for 2-3 minutes until they start to wilt and become softer.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the kale and continue massaging for another 1-2 minutes.
- Let the kale sit for a few minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Optional: add your favorite toppings such as chopped nuts, dried fruit, or cheese.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious massaged kale salad
By massaging the kale, you are breaking down the cellulose structure, which makes it easier to digest and absorb the nutrients. Plus, massaged kale salad is a great way to incorporate more leafy greens into your diet.
HOW TO MAKE A MASSAGED KALE SALAD
Massaged kale salad is a delicious and healthy salad made with raw kale. The technique of massaging the kale helps to break down the tough fibers and makes it softer and easier to eat, while also infusing it with flavor. Here I am telling you a simple recipe for a massaged kale salad:
Ingredients which I used to make this salad are given below along with amount which is helpful while keeping the things balanced and to ensure required taste:
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped nuts, dried cranberries, crumbled feta cheese
Now, follow the simple process in order to ensure desired salad:
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper to the bowl.
- Use your hands to massage the kale for 2-3 minutes until it becomes tender and wilted.
- Optional: top with chopped nuts, dried cranberries, or crumbled feta cheese.
Massaged kale salad is a nutritious and flavorful way to enjoy this leafy green. The possibilities for toppings are endless, so feel free to get creative and add your favorite
MASSAGED KALE SALAD (SUPER EASY!)
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil and add the minced garlic. Saute the garlic over medium heat for about 30 seconds. Set the garlic infused oil aside to cool.
- Prepare the kale by removing the stems and cutting it into thin ribbons.
- Place the kale ribbons in a large bowl and toss in the cooled olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Massage the kale for two minute with your hands, or until the leaves start to wilt.
- Top it off with freshly shaved parmesan and serve.
- Kale is a pretty durable green. You can store this salad for up to 3-4 days in a sealed container in your fridge.
- When it comes to juicing lemons, my little stainless steel juicer can’t be beat.