Nothing beats a freshly cooked batch of delicious marinara sauce. An added benefit is that it just only 5 basic components to produce it.
Please remember to create your own marinara sauce after reading this. Even though purchasing a jar at the store is convenient, creating your own is always preferable. Just fresher in terms of flavour. Additionally, fresher is usually preferable. Check out my suggestions for uses of it below.
MARINARA SAUCE INGREDIENTS
Italian dishes focus on a small number of fresh, ripe, straightforward ingredients, which is one of the reasons I adore them so much. It's about appreciating how flavorful and fuss free Mother Nature's offerings are what you need is provided here.
- 28 ounce Crushed Tomatoes: I like a smoother marinara sauce, which crushed tomatoes offer when used in place of whole tomatoes. However, I'll discuss various modifications in the part that follows.
- Onion and garlic: The ideal fragrant pair to add depth of flavour to your marinara sauce. Add 1 small onion and 4 cloves.
- Thyme & Basil: When simmered for a while, fresh thyme and basil offer a subtle yet distinct flavour that nods to the Italian origins of this dish.
HOW TO MAKE MARINARA SAUCE
With this recipe, you can have a glass of wine or an Aperol spritz once you've finished chopping while the marinara sauce simmers. And if we're going to make this recipe authentically Italian, we should unwind and enjoy the process, right?
Cook the spices: Olive oil is used to cook the onion. Add the garlic after that and heat for about a minute. Garlic that is cooked for an excessively long time will burn.
Add Tomatoes: After adding the thyme, salt, and smashed tomatoes, boil the sauce for 20 minutes. As you sometimes stir, the sauce will gradually start to thicken.
Basil mixed in: Basil should not be added earlier since it is fragile and tastes best when it is heated, so take the sauce off the heat and toss in the basil before serving.
WAYS TO USE MARINARA SAUCE
- Combine with veg pasta. Making a batch of my baked meatballs with marinara sauce is my personal favourite. Add zucchini noodles next to spaghetti that is loaded with vegetables.
- Use it as a pizza foundation. A marinara pizza foundation is always a good choice, especially for my cauliflower pizza or these pizza zucchini boats.
- Make a good dipping sauce. Yes, you can dip it in cooked zucchini fries for an appetiser.
- To store for the week, make a batch and store it in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for 3–4 days. I like to use these glass jars, but any container will serve.
- Freeze for later: If you want to utilise this right away, you may freeze it for up to three months. Let it melt in the refrigerator overnight before using it.
How Much Quantity Of Sauce Get From Adding Above Ingredients?
You will get enough sauce by using the same quantity as mentioned. Almost 4 cups of Marinara Sauce you will get.
In Which Ways Store The Sauce?
There are two main ways to store the sauce, keep it in a clean airtight jar and you can also freeze it.
How To Use The Freez Sauce?
If you store the sauce in the freezer, keep the sauce overnight in the refrigerator before using it.
Marinara Sauce is a delicious sauce that you could add to unique recipes and get a superb flavor. The method of making the sauce is handy and you may experience a sauce similar to what you purchased from the shop if you comply with the above recipe. After you make your own marinara sauce, you may not need to purchase them ever again.
EASY MARINARA SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28-ounce can) crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion, finely diced (approx 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot on medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, salt and thyme. (Don't add the basil as it will overcook). Once the tomatoes have started to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, stir in the basil and enjoy.
- This recipe makes approximately 4 cups of marinara sauce.