A lovely and cooling twist on the classic recipe is lemonade with lavender. As it is infused with a lavender honey simple syrup, it is easy to make, fragrant, elegant, and the perfect beverage to enjoy on a warm day during spring and summer.
It will wow everyone, making it perfect for brunches, parties, and get-togethers with friends. Lavender is a delightful herb to use in cooking that offers a flowery taste with undertones of lemon and citrus, in addition to being a lovely, fragrant plant with vivid purple blooms. It means everything lemon-flavored goes perfectly with it. So let's make some lemonade with lavender!
Lavender Lemonade Ingredients
The best part about this lavender lemonade recipe is how simple it is to make with just a few key ingredients. To create the perfect blend of floral and citrus flavors, gather the following:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice: For the freshest taste, use lemons that you squeeze yourself. Meyer lemons are an excellent choice since they’re naturally sweeter.
- Honey: Swap out the typical white sugar found in lemonade for honey to create a naturally sweet and floral drink that pairs well with lavender. Alternatively, you could use maple syrup.
- Dried lavender flowers: Look for culinary-grade dried lavender flowers in the spice aisle of your local market to make the infused simple syrup. Be sure to grab fresh lavender flowers for garnish!
- Water: Use water to mix with the honey and make the simple syrup, then add additional cold water to fill up your pitcher.
- Ice: Don’t forget to add ice for that refreshing and chilled sip of lavender lemonade.
How to Make Lavender Lemonade
Making lavender lemonade is easy and takes only about 30 minutes, with most of the time spent simmering and infusing the lavender flavor in the simple syrup. Here are the steps:
- To start, squeeze the lemons until you get about a cup of fresh lemon juice. Lemon juice must be added in the pitcher. For this purpose, you can use a stainless steel juicer.
- 2 cups of water, honey, and dried lavender should be heated in a small saucepan over medium heat. After stirring to get the honey to dissolve, turn off the heat and let it sit for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Put the lemon juice in the pitcher after straining the lavender simple syrup combination through a fine mesh strainer. To make the lavender lemonade, combine the ingredients and stir.
- The pitcher will look better with ice and fresh lemon slices added.
- For a lovely finishing touch, pour the lavender lemonade over ice and top with beautiful lavender flowers.
What Kind of Lavender Can You Cook With?
When making this lavender lemonade recipe, it's best to use dried culinary lavender flowers. While all varieties of lavender are edible, the English Lavender or Provence Lavender typically found in stores work well. If you happen to grow your own lavender, make sure it's not sprayed with any pesticides before drying and using it in the recipe.
Can I use fresh lavender instead of dried lavender for this recipe?
While dried culinary lavender is recommended for this recipe, if you have access to fresh lavender that hasn't been sprayed with pesticides, you can certainly use it.
How long does it take to make lavender lemonade?
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make, with most of that time spent infusing the lavender flavor into the simple syrup.
Can you use any sweetener other than honey?
Yes, you can use maple syrup or another sweetener of your choice instead of honey. However, honey adds a naturally floral flavor that pairs well with the lavender.
Lavender lemonade is a simple yet elegant twist on classic lemonade, perfect for warm days in spring and summer. It's refreshing and fragrant, and the use of honey and lavender adds a unique and delicious flavor. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal prep time, this recipe is perfect for brunches, parties, and gatherings with friends.