This honey mustard chicken is perfect for spicing up evening dinners. The roasted chicken thighs are sweet and flavorful with a herbaceous touch, with crispy golden skin and extremely juicy meat.
I've always liked exploring new dishes, and the honey mustard chicken recipe is one of my favorites. It's a quick and easy meal that doesn't take long to prepare. To improve the taste, I normally marinate the chicken in the honey mustard sauce for a few hours. I then roast it in the oven until it is wonderfully juicy and tasty. It goes well with roasted veggies or a fresh salad.
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
The ingredient list is brief and sweet, but it delivers a punch in terms of flavor. What you'll need is the following:
- Chicken Thighs: Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs are ideal. If you've had my crispy baked chicken thighs, you'll understand why I like them!
- Honey Mustard Sauce: The sauce is a simple blend of honey, Dijon mustard, fresh garlic, and herbs. I'm guessing you already have those ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
- Seasonings and herbs: To make the herbed honey mustard glaze, combine fresh rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. If you don't have fresh herbs, check my recipe card note on using dried spices.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
Put the chicken thighs in a 913-inch baking dish. Then pat them dry with a paper towel. This will assist in ensuring crisper skin!
Apply the honey mustard sauce on top.
In a small dish, combine the honey mustard sauce. Next, brush or spread the mixture over the chicken.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 350°F (177°C).
To obtain that extra golden top, turn on the top oven broiler for the last 2 to 3 minutes.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
This recipe will enhance the flavor of any vegetable meal. But here are a couple of concepts that I particularly like.
- Classic Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Broccoli
- Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Simple salads like my cucumber salad, Israeli salad, or massaged kale salad
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER CHICKEN
How to Refrigerate
Refrigerate servings for up to 5 days to enjoy throughout the week.
How to Freeze
Leftover honey mustard chicken can be stored in a freezer for up to 3 months. Then, the day before you intend to reheat them, defrost them in the refrigerator. Believe me when I say that having a batch of this chicken in your freezer is a gold mine!
How to Reheat
You can reheat honey mustard chicken leftovers in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Place the chicken in a baking dish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey, mustard, garlic, oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Brush or spoon the honey mustard mixture liberally on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and registers 175°F (80°C). Turn on the top oven broiler in the last 2 to 3 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs you can use 1 teaspoon total of dried herbs. An Italian herb blend works great as well!