If you're looking for a delicious gluten-free and corn-free tortilla chip, you've come to the right place! I've got the perfect recipe for you - homemade cassava tortilla chips that are perfectly crisp and easy to make.
Let's face it, most store-bought snacks are filled with additives and preservatives, even the ones that claim to be gluten-free. But with these cassava tortilla chips, you won't have to worry about any of that. Plus, they're so delicious and versatile that you'll want to make them again and again. The best part? You can bake or fry them according to your preference. I personally love baking them for a healthier option, but frying them will give you that extra crunch that we all love.
To make these chips, all you need is a batch of dough from my Cassava Flour Tortillas recipe. Then, simply add your favorite herbs, roll the dough into balls, and cook according to the tortilla recipe. Once you have your tortillas, slice them into wedges, coat them with a little oil, and bake them in the oven until they're perfectly crispy. Now, you have a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional tortilla chips for your guacamole and other dips.
And let's be honest, options are always a good thing when it comes to snacking. So why not give these cassava tortilla chips a try? They're the perfect guilt-free snack that you can enjoy anytime.
How to Refrigerate Herbed Cassava Tortilla Chips:
- Allow the chips to cool completely before refrigerating.
- Place the chips in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
How to Freeze Herbed Cassava Tortilla Chips:
- Allow the chips to cool completely before freezing.
- Place the chips in a freezer-safe container or sealable plastic bag.
- Label the container with the date of freezing.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Herbed Cassava Tortilla Chips (If Required):
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the chips on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Heat for 5-10 minutes, or until the chips are warmed through and crisp again.
- Serve immediately.
Do cassava tortilla chips contain any gluten?
These chips are a great substitute for individuals who have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity because cassava flour is gluten-free.
Cassava tortilla chips—can they be frozen?
Cassava tortilla chips may be frozen. Put them in a ziplock bag or freezer-safe container and freeze for up to three months.
How long are tortilla chips made with cassava refrigerator-safe?
If properly kept in an airtight container, cassava tortilla chips can remain fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week.
This discussion shares all the information for Herbed Cassava Tortilla Chips. I hope you find it useful. These gluten-free and corn-free chips are easy to make and perfect for snacking, dipping, or adding crunch to your favorite dishes. With a little creativity and some simple ingredients, you can enjoy a guilt-free snack that is sure to please your taste buds. So why not give them a try and see for yourself how delicious and satisfying they can be?
HERBED CASSAVA TORTILLA CHIPS
- 1 recipe cassava flour tortillas
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- Make the recipe for cassava flour tortillas, stopping when you have a large ball of dough. At that point, knead in the three herbs and garlic until well combined. Then, continue cooking as per the tortilla recipe. Tip: roll the dough extra thin for crispy chips.
- Once your tortillas are cooked and cooled, slice them into 6 equal pieces.
- Lightly oil a sheet pan with half the avocado oil. Place the individual tortilla chips on the sheet pan and brush the top side with the remaining oil. Sprinkle the salt on top.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit and cook the chips for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy. Turn your pan halfway through to prevent any chips from burning. Remove, let cool and enjoy!