If you want to have chicken in your dinner but are confused about a recipe that should be the ideal combination with chicken breast. Here I have brought herb baked chicken breast which will surely make your dinner tasty and juicy. This recipe is so easy and adaptable to any person according to own choice. It can be made in order to have some veggie touch to your chicken while serving your guests.
Herb baked chicken breast is a delicious and healthy dish made by rubbing boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a mixture of olive oil and dried herbs such as basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. The chicken breasts are then baked in the oven until they are cooked through and juicy. This dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal that is both flavorful and nutritious.
HERB BAKED CHICKEN BREAST INGREDIENTS
The recipe I am telling you about is not hard to make. It is as easy as frying an egg in a frying pan. All you need is to have the following ingredients in order to get going with this recipe:
- The first thing we need is obviously boneless chicken breasts. These chicken breasts are the main item of our recipe.
- The herbs which are to be used in the recipe should be dried to have some extraordinary taste.
- The third ingredient is Olive Oil. If you have no access to olive oil, you can use any good oil of your own choice and access.
- Some spices can be added as per choice. I recommend staying away from more spices. Just stay with salt and pepper which are not injurious to health and are enough to get a balanced taste for everyone.
HOW TO MAKE HERB BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
Here I am guiding you towards step by step process in order to have your desired recipe ready to serve. So following are the guidelines:
- The first step, as it used to be, is to preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Now get a small bowl and combine the olive oil, dried herbs, salt, and pepper as per taste.
- Now it’s time to rub the mixture onto the chicken breasts, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
TIPS FOR JUICY, PERFECTLY COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
Personally, I am telling you something extra juicy and tricky to have more crispy and tasty chicken breasts. Follow the tips given below in order to get your recipe cheesier:
- Never compromise on the quality of the chicken. It should be hygienic and fresh to get a cheesy taste.
- Chicken breasts should be pounded evenly in order to get even pieces that are good to cook evenly.
- To ensure your chicken breasts are cooked to perfection, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. The temperature should reach 165°F.
- After baking the chicken, let it rest for 3-5 minutes to retain its juices and flavor.
- If you like a stronger herb flavor, feel free to add more dried herbs to the rub.
- As a precautionary measure, if you notice the chicken is browning too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
HOW TO STORE BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
If you want to store the leftover dish or freeze it, you need to follow the instructions I am giving below here:
- Just Store the cooked herb baked chicken breast in an airtight container or plastic bag in the fridge for up to four days.
- To reheat the dish, first, preheat the oven to 350°F then place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until it's heated through.
- In order to freeze the dish, allow the chicken to cool completely. Then transfer the chicken into a freezer-safe container or plastic bag and freeze for up to three months. To reheat the chicken, follow the trick already shared in the previous Para.
- Also, keep in mind that reheated chicken may be less juicy than freshly cooked chicken, so it's best to store and reheat it in smaller portions to avoid waste.
HERB BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425F/220C. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, basil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper until combined.
- Lightly coat the chicken breasts in olive oil, and then generously rub the spice mix on both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and cook for 20-25 minutes, depending on size (see chart above). Let the chicken rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute within the meat, then serve.
- I love to use these white baking pans for this recipe, and other baking recipes!