I am introducing a juicy and spicy grilled fish tacos with citrus carrot slaw dish to you. It is an awesome addition to my recipes as I like the fish most and always try some extraordinary variations of fish. This recipe is also one of the best fish recipes I have ever tried and served many guests and friends on different occasions.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Citrus Carrot Slaw is made with grilled white fish (such as tilapia, cod, or mahi-mahi) seasoned with spices, and served on warm tortillas with a refreshing slaw made of shredded carrots, cilantro, and a citrus-based dressing. The citrus in the slaw provides a bright flavor to the dish and balances the savory spices used to season the fish. This dish is perfect for a light and satisfying lunch or dinner, especially during summer when you want to enjoy fresh and flavorful food.
AN EASY FISH TACO RECIPE
Most people are fed up while using fried fish and its variations. But grilled fish is something pretty juicier and much healthy to eat than fried ones. And the variant which we are going to discuss here is so amazing topping with the fish tacos.
The dressing is usually made with citrus juices, olive oil, and a touch of honey or agave nectar for sweetness. Some variations of the recipe may also include additional ingredients such as cilantro, jalapeño peppers, or even shredded cabbage. The combination of sweet, tangy, and slightly spicy flavors in the citrus carrot slaw is perfect for providing a burst of freshness to any dish, and it pairs particularly well with seafood or grilled meats.
WHAT’S THE BEST FISH TO USE FOR FISH TACOS?
I recommend you to use fish that has some qualities like it should be firm, mild-flavored white fish that can hold up well to grilling or frying without falling apart. As per my personal experience, I used the following fish for fish tacos:
These fish have a mild flavor that complements the spices and seasonings used in fish taco recipes, and they are widely available in most grocery stores. When selecting fish for fish tacos, it is important to choose fresh, high-quality fish that has been sustainably sourced. You can also use shrimp, lobster, or even crab meat for a tasty seafood twist on this classic dish.
HOW TO MAKE FISH TACOS
Now we move forward quickly and discuss the ingredients used to make fish tacos:
- White fish fillets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Lime juice
- Corn tortillas
So, if you are facing some troubles while buying the above-mentioned items, you can change them as per your choice and availability. All you need to follow the tips given below to have some tasty and spicy grilled tacos with citrus carrot slaw:
- Initially, give some heat to your grill or grill pan.
- Now take a small bowl, and mix together the olive oil, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and lime juice.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper, then brush them with the spice mixture.
- Grill the fish for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- While the fish is cooking, make the citrus carrot slaw. In a medium bowl, mix together the shredded carrots, cilantro, lime juice, orange juice, salt, and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill or in the microwave for a few seconds.
- To assemble the tacos, place a few pieces of grilled fish on each tortilla, then top with the citrus carrot slaw. Serve immediately after the recipe is ready.
HOW TO STORE FISH TACOS
If you have some leftover grilled fish tacos and want to store them, you should first let them cool to room temperature. In the next step, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep them fresh. You can store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. When you're ready to eat them, you can reheat them in the microwave or oven until they are heated through. Lastly, never forget to add your favorite toppings before serving.
GRILLED FISH TACOS WITH CITRUS CARROT SLAW
- 3 filets, cod (or other fish)
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
CITRUS CARROT SLAW
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and diced
- 2 cara cara oranges, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, julienne peeled
- 1 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tortillas, (I use my Cassava Flour Tortillas, but you can use any)
- avocado and limes, for garnish
- Mix all of the citrus slaw ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a grill (or grill pan) on medium-high heat and grill the fish for 2-3 minutes on one side. Squeeze the lime over the fish and season with garlic, salt and pepper. Flip the fish and grill for another 2-3 minutes. The fish will likely break apart and that's okay.
- Assemble the fish tacos by placing small pieces of fish in each taco, then top with the slaw. Garnish with avocado and lime slices.
- If you don't have an outdoor grill, you can use a grill pan or reversible grill/griddle pan and make these in your kitchen. Super easy!