I am bringing a perfect recipe for you that you will never forget after having your meal for the first time. I am talking about Grilled Albacore with citrus ginger sauce. Albacore, also known as white tuna, is a type of tuna that is widely available in the market. It has a firm texture and mild flavor, which makes it perfect for grilling. The Citrus Ginger Sauce, on the other hand, adds a tangy and spicy flavor to the grilled Albacore, making it a perfect combination of taste and nutrition.
HOW TO GRILL ALBACORE PERFECTLY
Grilling Albacore can be tricky as it is a delicate fish that tends to dry out quickly. I recommend you some tricks to grill Albacore perfectly:
When buying Albacore, look for steaks that are firm, shiny, and have a bright pink color. Avoid Albacore that has brown spots or is dull in appearance. Also, make sure to preheat your grill to medium-high heat before grilling the Albacore. This will help to cook the fish evenly and prevent it from sticking to the grill.
To enhance the flavor of the Albacore, you can season it with a variety of spices and herbs such as garlic, paprika, and thyme. You can also add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice to give it a citrusy kick. Grill the Albacore steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the fish as it can become dry and lose its flavor.
WHAT’S NEEDED FOR GRILLED ALBACORE WITH CITRUS GINGER SAUCE
I am presenting you both the ingredients for making grilled albacore and citrus ginger sauce. First, have a look at items used for grilled albacore:
- Albacore Tuna
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
For the Citrus Ginger Sauce:
- Soy Sauce
- Orange Juice
- Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED ALBACORE
By following the below steps with the complete care you can get the full benefit of the subject recipe
- Heat up the grill to medium-high heat.
- Rinse the Albacore steaks and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Brush the Albacore steaks with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place the Albacore steaks on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the Albacore steaks from the grill and drizzle them with lemon juice.
HOW TO MAKE CITRUS GINGER SAUCE
Now, in parallel, we will prepare our ginger sauce. For this, we need to follow the following steps:
- Start by mixing together soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, grated ginger, honey, minced garlic, and olive oil.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING ALBACORE
Albacore, which I used to make this recipe, is a nutritious fish that is packed with essential nutrients that are beneficial to our health. Below are some of the health benefits of eating Albacore:
Albacore is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for our body. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and improve heart health. Albacore is also a great source of protein, which is important for building and repairing muscles. Protein also helps to keep us feeling full for longer, which can aid in weight loss.
Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce inflammation in the body and prevent chronic diseases. Citrus fruits such as oranges and limes are rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the body against damage caused by free radicals.
HOW TO SERVE ALBACORE WITH GINGER SAUCE
Albacore is a nutritious fish that is rich in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, while the Citrus Ginger Sauce adds a tangy and spicy flavor to the dish. This can be served with various side dishes such as roasted vegetables, quinoa, or brown rice. It also pairs well with a crisp white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot
GRILLED ALBACORE WITH CITRUS GINGER SAUCE
- 4 albacore steaks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup micro-greens
- salt and pepper
CITRUS GINGER SAUCE:
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ½ tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Make the cauliflower rice (recipe) and keep warm on low heat.
- Mix all of the citrus ginger sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, season the albacore with salt and pepper. Mix the garlic and olive oil together in a small bowl and rub on both sides of the fish.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Place the albacore on the grill and sear for 2 minutes each side. Do not overcook! The fish should still be pink in the middle.
- Place one cup of the cauliflower rice on each plate. Add the albacore steaks on top. Drizzle generously with the citrus ginger sauce and place a small handful of micro greens on top. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional information does not include cauliflower rice.