Green juice is a delightful and healthful way to receive all of the nutrients you need from fruits and vegetables all year long. It's also simple to create at home!
GREEN JUICE INGREDIENTS
While the ingredient list is extremely versatile, this combination is easy, pleasant, and not too sweet:
- Kale - offers a rich grassy taste as well as a beautiful emerald color.
- Spinach - Use delicate baby spinach leaves for this dish.
- Celery - adds fiber as well as a mild salinity to the juice.
- Cucumber - This juice blend's main source of liquid is cucumber, which has a moderate taste.
- Fresh ginger - gives a spicy zest and brightness to the dish.
- Lime Juice - adds a bright and tangy flavor.
- Apples - the sweetness helps to balance out the veggie tastes.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST GREEN JUICE
The most crucial advice for making wonderful juice is to choose ingredients that are as fresh and aromatic as possible. Choose your vegetables carefully at your local farmer's market or high-quality supermarket shop. Here's how to juice your fruits and veggies once you've brought everything home:
- Wash your ingredients thoroughly (no need to dry) and cut them into 2-inch pieces, skin and all.
- Blend the cucumber and celery in a high-powered blender until smooth.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients for 3 minutes, or until smooth.
- To extract as much juice as possible, strain the liquid through a fine-mesh strainer, pushing on the particles with the back of a spoon.
- Chill till nice and cold.
TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Though you may store it in the fridge for an entire night, this juice is best when consumed immediately after blending and straining.
- You'll see that the liquid begins to split as it sits. Just give it a good stir before drinking it, and you won't need to worry.
- Your juice may appear a little bit brown; this is caused by the oxidation of the apples. Yet continuing to drink is absolutely acceptable.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR JUICE
Using my recipe as a guideline and play with with different components based on what appeals to you at the store and your personal preferences:
- Put in a bunch of greens. Choose fresh, high-quality greens that are firm, vibrant in color, and free of spots or wilting. Other kale kinds like chard also work well for blending; I used dino kale in this recipe. Try collards and romaine lettuce as well if you like them. Your juice will taste more nuanced if you combine a few different greens.
- Keep to a wholesome liquid foundation. Add celery and cucumber as veggies to provide moisture to your juice mixture. Use coconut water if you'd rather. To keep the amount of sugar down, it's better to avoid adding a lot of fruit or fruit juice.
- Include some herbs. Your green juice gains an intriguing herbal flavour from the parsley and cilantro. Use flat-leaf parsley if you prefer a stronger parsley flavor. Much milder parsley is curly.
- With superfoods, boost. To boost nutrients, try adding ground cinnamon, maca powder, turmeric, or bee pollen.
BEST GREEN JUICE RECIPE
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 leaves kale, removed from stem
- 1 cup spinach, baby leaves, loosely packed
- 1 piece fresh ginger, approx 1-2 inch chunk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. If you need to, use your tamper to push the ingredients into the blades of your blender.
- Pour the green juice through a fine-mesh strainer or nut-milk bag into a storage container. Press on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the solids.
- Chill the juice before serving, then enjoy.
- Wash all of your vegetables and fruits thoroughly before using.
- As the juice sits, it will separate. Stir well before serving.
- For straining, this is my favorite nut-milk bag! It's durable and lasts forever.