Garlic herb Roasted potatoes are a wonderful side dish for any dinner. They're simple to cook, have a creamy but crunchy texture, and are drenched in garlic flavor.
Indeed, mashed potatoes are a delicious way to consume potatoes. In my opinion, nothing beats freshly roasted potatoes right out of the oven. It's nearly like a batch of freshly baked fries - but better.
Thus, if you're searching for a quick side dish to go with your weekly meals, I recommend this garlic herb roasted potatoes. They're crispy on the surface, creamy on the inside, and flavorful with garlic.
WHICH POTATOES ARE BEST FOR ROASTING?
With so many potato varieties available, determining which one works best for specific recipes may be difficult. When it comes to roasting, though, you want potatoes that are somewhere between waxy and starchy. Put in some fresh potatoes or Yukon golds!
These potatoes have a slightly waxy skin that caramelizes well and a starchy core that is smooth and buttery.
I used new potatoes for this dish because they are essentially young, baby potatoes. They're usually white or red in hue, although either works perfectly.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC HERB ROASTED POTATOES
To make this delicious side dish, just chop the potatoes, mix them with oil and spices, and bake until brown.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing dish, and cut them in half (if big).
- Toss in the olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper until everything is completely covered.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan in even layers.
- Cook for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir the potatoes halfway through to ensure that all sides are done.
WHAT TO EAT WITH ROASTED POTATOES
These roasted potatoes can be eaten with just about anything and aren't just a side dish for dinner! In addition to serving them with pork, beef, chicken, or salmon, consider adding them to a salad. Here are some suggestions to get you going:
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Dijon Baked Salmon
- Prime Rib
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Sweet and Smoky Beef Brisket
GARLIC HERB ROASTED POTATOES
- 3 pounds small white (or red) potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, about 6-7 cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, or other herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters (if they're large) and place in a mixing bowl with the olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss everything together until well coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread them out on one even layer. For an extra crispy side, make sure they're cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast the potatoes for 45-55 minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden and browned.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl. If you'd like, sprinkle a little extra parsley on top before serving.
- This is my favorite garlic mincer – makes things so easy!