We are going to prepare Eggnog chia pudding which is delicious, quick to make, and has a lot of exciting features that will not only give you a healthy life but also presents a nice looking and charming dish for your party and doubles your celebrations as well.
Eggnog Chia Pudding is a jovial and healthy holiday dessert that is packed with protein, fiber, and essential nutrients. This chia pudding variation is an excellent way to incorporate the popular holiday drink, eggnog, into a healthy and delicious dessert.
EGGNOG CHIA PUDDING INGREDIENTS
To make Eggnog Chia Pudding, you will need the following ingredients:
- Unsweetened almond milk can be used to give some almond flavor and nutrients.
- Eggnog (you can use a non-dairy eggnog substitute)
- Chia seeds can be used to make healthier and perfect pudding.
- Maple syrup is used as per taste.
- Vanilla extract is helpful in keeping the pudding creamy
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
Additionally, Whipped cream and cinnamon sticks can also be used for garnishing the dish, if desired. Otherwise, the above-mentioned ingredients are enough for making eggnog chia pudding.
HOW TO MAKE EGGNOG CHIA PUDDING
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggnog, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add the chia seeds to the bowl and whisk again until the mixture is smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When the chia pudding has been set, remove it from the fridge and give it a stir. If it's too thick, you can add a little more almond milk to thin it out.
- Divide the chia pudding into serving bowls or glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
This Eggnog Chia Pudding recipe is versatile, and you can customize it to your liking. You can swap out the almond milk for coconut milk or oat milk, or adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less maple syrup.
You can also make this recipe a day or two ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Be sure to cover the bowl or container with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent any odors from seeping into the pudding.
Eggnog Chia Pudding can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days. To store Eggnog Chia Pudding, transfer it to an airtight container or individual mason jars, cover it with a lid, and store it in the refrigerator.
If you are meal prepping, you can make a batch of Eggnog Chia Pudding and store it in the refrigerator for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack throughout the week. To meal prep, simply divide the chia pudding among four to six jars and store them in the refrigerator. When you're ready to enjoy them, simply top them with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
If you want to freeze Eggnog Chia Pudding, you can follow the same steps as other chia pudding variations. Simply transfer the chia pudding to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag and freeze it for up to three months. When you're ready to eat the frozen chia pudding, remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
It's important to note that the texture of Eggnog Chia Pudding may change slightly after being stored in the refrigerator or frozen. However, it should still be delicious and nutritious. You can also add a little more almond milk to the chia pudding to loosen it up if it's too thick after being stored.
With these storage tips, you can make Eggnog Chia Pudding ahead of time and enjoy it throughout the week or even freeze it for later. It's a healthy and festive dessert that is perfect for the holiday season.
Eggnog Chia Pudding is an excellent way to enjoy the holiday flavors of eggnog in a healthy and delicious dessert. It's easy to make, customizable, and will satisfy your sweet tooth while still providing essential nutrients. Try it out this holiday season and impress your friends and family with a healthy and festive treat!
EGGNOG CHIA PUDDING
- 2 cup eggnog
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, spices, and cinnamon sticks.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the egg nog and chia seeds. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then stir again once the seeds have started to gel.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour or overnight. I usually prefer a minimum of 4 hours to let the chia seeds gel properly.
- Remove the eggnog chia pudding from fridge and give it a good stir. Split the chia pudding into 4 cups, add toppings, spices, and enjoy!
- These are the cute little jars that I used in the photos.