Breakfast tacos are a tasty way to change up your daily egg routine! Just scramble some eggs, fry some bacon, slice up your preferred toppings, and assemble in tortillas to become a well-known chef!
Breakfast tacos, anyone? Please include me! when it comes to quick and simple morning tacos. So, what's the catch? Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon pieces, cheese, avocado, and a sprinkling of green onion and cilantro for a brilliant flash of green Wrapped in a warm tortilla, it truly is the greatest of all morning sensations.
Best of all, this nutritious breakfast plan takes only 30 minutes to prepare! That means it's ideal for not only weekend brunch plans but also weekday mornings.
HEALTHY BREAKFAST TACO ESSENTIALS
The key ingredient in this recipe is the trio of avocado, bacon, and eggs. For more information on how to make your breakfast tacos even better, keep reading!
- Bacon: For the ultimate savory breakfast crunch.
- Eggs: The best-scrambled eggs are soft and pillowy.
- Onion: Brings a burst of fresh flavor to every bite.
- Avocado: A creamy avocado is always a welcome addition to the breakfast table.
- Cheddar Cheese: I used shredded cheddar, but feel free to use whatever cheese you have on hand.
- Herbs: I always use fresh cilantro.
- Tortilla: I prefer cassava flour tortillas, but any type of tortilla will do!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BREAKFAST TACOS
- Make the bacon. Bake your strips for 18–20 minutes, then set them aside to dry on a paper towel.
- Cook the green onions. Quickly sauté the white sections of the green onion in olive oil.
- The eggs are placed inside. Pour the eggs into the pan after whisking them. To achieve the right pillowy texture, gently whisk the eggs while they boil.
- It's time to get started! To a tortilla, add a generous tablespoon or two of scrambled eggs. Finish with green onion, crumbled bacon, chopped avocado, cheese, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
Pro Tip: Warmed tortillas are essential for each taco! Brown the edges by gently heating them in a skillet or over a gas flame.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR TACOS EVEN MORE!
With sautéed vegetables and a splash of sauce, this becomes the ideal Tex-Mex supper. Here are a few options:
- Fill it with veggies: The possibilities are unlimited, but a few quick additions are sautéed cabbage, sliced bell pepper, garlic sautéed spinach, or sautéed kale.
- Change up the meats: In addition to bacon, you may sauté breakfast sausage, ground chicken, chorizo, or carnitas (hint: slow cooker carnitas make the finest leftovers!).
- Dollop some sauces: If you're anything like me, a batch of salsa is a must! For a thick texture, add a tablespoon of pico de gall, or combine red salsa for a smooth finish.
- Change up the cheese: Shredded cheese is always great, but crumbled cheese is just as good. Crumbled goat cheese, feta cheese, or my personal favorite, cotija cheese, can be used.
AN EASY BREAKFAST MEAL PREP
While these tacos are quite simple to prepare, it never hurts to do some preliminary work! It'll cook tacos much faster the next morning, and who doesn't appreciate saving time? Here's what you should do:
Cook the bacon till crispy in the oven the night before. When that's cooking, dice the green onion. After that, break the bacon and keep it in separate, airtight containers.
All you have to do in the morning is scramble the eggs, cut up the avocados, and assemble them!
EASY BREAKFAST TACOS (BACON, EGG & AVOCADO)
- 4 pieces bacon
- 2 green onions, sliced, with green and white parts separated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- ½ avocado, small diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 400F/200C. Place the bacon on a baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until crispy. Let dry on a paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat, add the the white parts of the green onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Whisk together the eggs in a bowl, then pour the beaten eggs in the pan. Use a spatula to move the eggs while they cook, flipping them a few times, until they're soft and pillowy yet cooked through.
- Assemble the breakfast tacos by adding a portion of eggs to a tortilla. Top that with a sprinkle of the green parts of the green onion, several pieces of crumbled bacon, diced avocado, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, and fresh cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- While I don't use non-stick pans often, I will use them when making scrambled eggs. These are my favorite non-stick pans and you can read more about all my favorite cookware.