One of my all-time quick salmon dishes is Dijon baked salmon. It's a nutritious supper meal that's tasty, moist, and flaky, and it's ready in under 30 minutes.
The herbed dijon mustard spread is bright, acidic, and creamy, and it keeps the salmon moist while baking. You're going to enjoy it, I promise.
DIJON BAKED SALMON INGREDIENTS
This recipe requires only a few simple ingredients that are readily available. Yet when they collaborate, the outcome is one fantastic meal!
- Salmon: You can use a single big filet or separate filets.
- Parsley: A handful of fresh herbs packs a powerful flavor punch.
- Dijon Mustard: The unique flavor of Dijon mustard is what makes this dish so tasty. In my opinion, yellow mustard is not a suitable option.
- Lemon Juice: A dash of lemon juice adds brightness to the Dijon spread.
- Oil: Avocado oil or olive oil will work well here.
- Garlic: Garlic always adds a savory, aromatic zing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
WHICH TYPE OF SALMON TO BUY
I always advise purchasing the best wild-caught salmon your budget will allow. In the video below, I discuss this and the reasons I adore King, Sockeye, and Coho salmon. And the reason I never consume Atlantic Salmon (hint: I don't like contaminants, antibiotics, or toxins in my fish).
HOW TO MAKE DIJON BAKED SALMON IN 3 STEPS
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chopped parsley, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper.
- Smear the Dijon mixture over the fish.
- In a 375-degree Fahrenheit oven, bake the fish for 18-20 minutes.
A FEW EXTRA TIPS
- To keep salmon moist during baking, many people cover it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. But I swear, if you top your baked salmon with this layer of Dijon, it will be tremendously tasty and stay incredibly juicy. Please don't cover.
- As the salmon will continue to cook for a few minutes after you take it out of the oven, I slightly undercook it to keep it moist.
WAYS TO SERVE BAKED SALMON
Once your salmon has been cut into pieces, there are countless ways to present it. Make a substantial salad, fill out a plate with your preferred vegetables, or include them in a grain bowl. Here are some suggestions:
- Serve it with vegetables. Prepare a fast vegetable, such as spinach with garlic and ginger or bok choy with garlic and ginger. Moreover, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, or roasted Brussels sprouts will go well together if you enjoy roasted vegetables.
- Add it to a salad in flakes. It should be added to a sizable bed of lush greens along with freshly chopped vegetables including cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, and radish.
- To a Buddha bowl, include it. Start with your preferred grain, like quinoa or rice. Then add roasted and fresh vegetables, and last place your salmon piece on top
FOR MORE TASTY SALMON IDEAS
Be sure to look at my collection of simple salmon dishes as well as these reader picks:
- Best Baked Salmon (so easy!)
- Salmon Patties
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Salmon Avocado Salad
- Grilled Salmon Steaks
- Cedar Plank Salmon
DIJON BAKED SALMON
- 1 ½ pounds salmon, King, Sockeye or Coho salmon
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together the mustard, parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the salmon on a parchment lined baking tray and generously coat the top of the salmon with the herbed mustard mix.
- Bake the salmon for 18 to 20 minutes (depending on size and thickness), then slice it into individual portions and serve immediately.
- You could easily make this recipe with 4-6 individual salmon fillets, rather than one large fillet.
- If you’re following Whole30, I recommend this Dijon mustard which is Whole30 compliant. I also have many more Whole30 recipes in the recipe index.
- And if you’re looking for some tasty meal prep recipes, this Dijon baked salmon is always tops on my list. I’ll gladly eat this salmon several days in a row! Make sure to watch my meal prep video for more weekly recipe ideas.