A spiralizer makes it simple to prepare curly sweet potato fries. They are roasted in the oven until perfectly crisp and seasoned with paprika and garlic spice. The ideal recipe for a nutritious snack is sweet potato fries that have been spiralized.
Curly Sweet Potato Fries
I love potatoes. The first recipe I tried was curly sweet potato fries - a delicious and nutritious snack that's easy to make. While you may associate curly fries with greasy fast food, these fries are baked, not fried, and seasoned with mouthwatering spices like paprika and garlic powder.
The spiralizer attachment made it simple to create beautiful, spiral-shaped fries that were crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. These curly sweet potato fries are perfect for satisfying cravings without guilt.
Baked Versus Fried Curly Fries
If you're a fan of sweet potato fries, you'll want to try these spiralized sweet potato fries that are baked to perfection and sprinkled with a blend of savory spices. And if you're worried that baked fries aren't as crispy as deep-fried ones, don't fret! While they may not be as crispy, they are still flavorful and packed with nutrients that deep-fried fries can't offer.
To make these curly fries, I used KitchenAid's spiralizer attachment, which is perfect if you own a stand mixer. It made the process of spiralizing the sweet potatoes a breeze. After baking the fries, they may soften slightly due to the natural moisture of the sweet potatoes. But trust me, the flavor is so good that you won't even notice the lack of crispiness.
To take these fries to the next level, I paired them with a homemade garlic aioli that only takes two minutes to make. This garlicky mayo adds a delicious tangy flavor that complements the spices on the fries perfectly. Plus, the aioli recipe is so simple that you can easily customize it with your favorite herbs or spices.
Tips for Spiralized Sweet Potato Fries
Who says healthy food can’t be fun and delicious? These curly sweet potato fries are a perfect example of that! As a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried fries, you won’t have to feel guilty about indulging in these crispy, savory snacks.
To ensure your fries come out as crispy as possible, there are a few tips you can follow.
- First, make sure to arrange the sweet potato noodles in a single layer on the baking sheet. If there are too many, don’t overcrowd the pan and use two sheets instead.
- You could also snip the long pieces with kitchen scissors to give them more space to cook and crisp up.
- If you have a convection oven, use it! The constant circulation of air helps to keep the fries crispy.
- Alternatively, you could try using a cake cooling rack on top of the sheet pan to allow more air to circulate around them.
- In addition to being a delicious and crispy snack, these curly sweet potato fries are also loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, B6, C, and D.
- And to take it to the next level, pair them with a quick and easy homemade garlic aioli that will have you coming back for more.
- So go ahead and indulge in these guilt-free curly sweet potato fries! Just remember to follow these tips to ensure they come out perfectly crispy every time.
In conclusion, this recipe for spiralized sweet potato fries with garlic aioli is a healthier and more flavorful alternative to traditional greasy curly fries. While they may not be as crispy as deep-fried fries, the savory spices and nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes make up for it. The garlic aioli is a simple and delicious accompaniment that adds a burst of flavor to each bite. In terms of nutrition, these fries are relatively low in calories and high in vitamins and fiber.
Can I make spiralized sweet potato fries ahead of time?
Yes, you can make spiralized sweet potato fries ahead of time. Simply cook them until they are slightly underdone, let them cool, and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. When you're ready to serve, reheat them in the oven or air fryer until they are crispy again.
Can I use a different type of oil for this recipe?
Yes, you can use a different type of oil for this recipe. Avocado oil is a good choice because it has a high smoke point and is healthy, but you can also use olive oil, coconut oil, or any other oil you prefer. Just make sure to use an oil that can withstand high heat to get the crispest fries possible.
CURLY SWEET POTATO FRIES WITH GARLIC AIOLI
CURLY SWEET POTATO FRIES
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spiralize the sweet potato and place it on a sheet pan. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the spices on top, then use your hands to mix it all together until each piece of sweet potato is coated.
- Cook the sweet potato for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy. The pieces along the outside edge may cook faster, so keep an eye on them and rotate as necessary.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, mix together the ingredients for the garlic aioli in a small bowl, until well combined.
- Remove the sweet potato fries from the oven and serve with the garlic aioli.
- This is my favorite spiralizer and the one I personally use.