Let us make a quick and tasty recipe for our dinner and party as well. Yes! I am talking about crispy baked chicken thighs. These Chicken thighs are a flavorful and affordable cut of meat that is perfect for baking. When prepared correctly, they can be incredibly juicy and tender, making them a favorite among many. However, achieving crispy skin can be a challenge. Fortunately, with the right cooking techniques and a few extra tips, you can make crispy baked chicken thighs that everyone will love.
CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS
Crispy baked chicken thighs are a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. With the right seasoning and cooking techniques, you can achieve juicy, tender meat and crispy skin that everyone will love.
The recipe can be baked using the ingredients given below:
- Chicken thighs (bone-in and skin-on)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
HOW TO BAKE CHICKEN THIGHS
By following the below process you will be able to get your desired chicken thighs without any problem:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season them generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Be sure to season both sides of the chicken thighs.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side down in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the chicken thighs over and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reaches 165°F.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
A FEW EXTRA TIPS
To achieve crispy skin, it's important to start with dry chicken. Patting the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel before seasoning them will help remove any excess moisture.
Use a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe skillet to sear the chicken thighs before baking. The high heat of the skillet will help crisp up the skin.
For best results, use bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs. The bone helps keep the meat moist and flavorful, while the skin helps create a crispy texture.
Don't overcrowd the skillet when cooking the chicken thighs. This can cause the skin to steam instead of crisp up.
If you want to add some extra flavor, try marinating the chicken thighs in your favorite marinade for a few hours before cooking them.
STORING FREEZING AND REHEATING
To store crispy baked chicken thighs, let them cool to room temperature and then place them in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag. They can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To reheat crispy baked chicken thighs, preheat your oven to 350°F and place the chicken on a baking sheet. Heat the chicken in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, you can reheat them in a skillet over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through.
To freeze crispy baked chicken thighs, let them cool to room temperature and then place them in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat the frozen chicken, defrost it overnight in the fridge and then follow the reheating instructions above.
How do I get crispy chicken skin?
To get crispy chicken skin, pat the chicken dry with paper towels before seasoning and baking it. You can also try using a baking rack to elevate the chicken while it bakes, which will allow the air to circulate around the chicken and help it get crispy.
What temperature should I bake chicken thighs?
It's recommended to bake chicken thighs at 425°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for crispy baked chicken?
Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for crispy baked chicken. However, keep in mind that they may not get as crispy as bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.
How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?
The best way to know when the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should read 165°F (74°C) for fully cooked chicken.
CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS
- Preheat your oven to 425F/220C. Remove the chicken thighs from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature.
- In a small bowl mix all of the herbs and spices together.
- Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and ⅔ of the spice blend. Use your hands to coat all sides of the chicken and even under the skin.
- Place the chicken on a rack on top of a baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining spice mix on top of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken thighs for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees fahrenheit. You can also turn on the top broiler for 2-3 minutes to make the top extra crispy. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Use a heavy duty commercial baking sheet that won't warp or bend in the oven. This is the baking sheet I use. And here's a stainless steel rack as well.