Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza has been a fan favorite for decades, but unfortunately, it was discontinued in 2020. However, fear not! You can make your own Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza at home with this easy recipe. Not only will it satisfy your cravings, but it will also be a fun project for your next Taco Tuesday.
I had always been a big fan of Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza, but when I found out that it had been discontinued, I was devastated. I scoured the internet for a recipe that would allow me to recreate the taste of this beloved dish and finally stumbled upon a Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe.
I was skeptical at first but decided to give it a try. I gathered all the ingredients and began to work my magic in the kitchen. As I layered the tortillas with seasoned beef, refried beans, and a generous amount of cheese, I couldn't help but feel excited to see how it would turn out.
Once the pizza was baked to perfection, I eagerly took a bite, and to my surprise, it tasted just like the real thing! The combination of the crispy tortillas, the savory beef, and the melted cheese was absolutely delicious.
I felt proud of myself for creating such a tasty dish and couldn't wait to share it with my friends and family. From that day on, the Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza became a staple in my household, and I continued to experiment with different toppings and variations to make it even more delicious.
- ½ pound ground beef
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
How To Make:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, stirring in the taco seasoning and water until fully combined.
- Heat the refried beans in a separate saucepan until they are smooth and easy to spread.
- Place four tortillas on a baking sheet and spread a layer of refried beans on each one.
- Add a layer of the seasoned ground beef on top of the beans, followed by a sprinkle of both types of cheese.
- Place the remaining four tortillas on top of the cheese, then spread another layer of refried beans on each one.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the beans, followed by the diced tomatoes, green onions, and sliced black olives.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
How to Store:
You can store your leftover Mexican Pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
How to Refrigerate:
To refrigerate your Mexican Pizza, allow it to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container. Make sure to seal the container tightly to prevent air from getting in, which can cause the pizza to dry out.
How to Reheat:
To reheat your Mexican Pizza, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the pizza on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tips to Make it More Delicious:
- Add jalapeño slices or hot sauce for an extra kick.
- Substitute the ground beef with shredded chicken or ground turkey.
- Use a combination of both cheddar and pepper jack cheese for an extra cheesy flavor.
- Serve with a side of guacamole or sour cream for dipping.
Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Yes! Simply substitute the ground beef with vegetarian crumbles or black beans.
Can I freeze my Mexican Pizza?
Yes, you can freeze your Mexican Pizza for up to one month. Allow it to cool completely before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas?
Yes, you can use corn tortillas instead. However, they may be slightly harder to work with due to their size and texture.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour tortillas or corn tortillas, and make sure your taco seasoning and refried beans are also gluten-free.
Can I add other toppings to my Mexican Pizza?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative and add your favorite toppings such as diced bell peppers, sliced jalapeños, or even pineapple.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can use vegan ground meat and vegan cheese to make a delicious vegan version of this recipe.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer or have on hand. However, keep in mind that some cheeses may not melt as well as others, so make sure to choose a cheese that will melt and become gooey.
With this easy recipe, you can enjoy a Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza from the comfort of your own home. Not only is it delicious, but it's also a fun and easy recipe to make for your next Taco Tuesday. So grab your ingredients and get cooking!
Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- 8 6-inch tortillas
- ½ lb. Ground Beef, 80 or 85%
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¾ cup refried beans
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon juice from diced green chilies
- ½ cup Cheddar, grated
- ½ cup Mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup Monterey Jack, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the beef in a pan over medium heat and drain any excess grease.
- Add the oats and beef seasonings (except for the corn starch), and stir to combine. Heat until the water has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Mix in the cornstarch and heat until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread the refried beans across the top of 4 tortillas, then top with the beef mixture and another tortilla.
- Combine the enchilada sauce ingredients and spread on the top of each of the 4 tortillas. Top each with diced tomatoes and then with the 3-cheese blend.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!