Looking for colorful recipes for your side dish? Cilantro Lime Rice is full of flavor and mouth-watering. You can serve it with seafood, a Chicken platter, or Baked Chicken. It is an amazing recipe that works with different combo dishes. A surprising thing about this recipe is that it takes less time and is delicious to eat. I like simplicity in basic food. Whether it is meat or chicken you need to play it with some seasoning or herbal ingredients. And when you come to know how you can turn any ingredient into different things you can make it fabulous.
Today I am going to play with mostly used pantry ingredients. With it, you can make any meal or homemade party food outstanding in flavor. You can make it tempting with some simple ingredients in your kitchen.
Today I’m going to share how to cook Cilantro Lime Rice with the flavor of lime juice, fresh red chilies, and a little bit of garlic. It gives you a taste like your favorite dish so pick rice from your kitchen and make it
WHAT TYPE OF RICE TO USE
I prefer you to take long-grain rice because this kind of rice grain makes become light and velvety. And you can use it for a side dish or to make a base for your bowl for any kind of meal.
You can use these Brown Rice, Basmati Rice, & white rice of good quality and you can make it with your favorite kind of rice but I’m going to use Jasmine Rice for it.
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO LIME RICE
Here are a few steps that are necessary to follow to cook Cilantro Lime Rice.
- First, you need to wash rice with tap water and you can use a sieve to wash them because it is easy to handle.
- Put a large pot on the stove and heat Olive Oil in it at medium flame. Add minced garlic in it and stir-fry it for about 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds add rice and salt in it. Stir it for a minute and add water to it.
- After adding water bring to a boil and cover it with lead. Turn the stove flame medium to low for 15 minutes. Leave it to reduce the water and become rice tender.
- After tendering the rice turn flame off and remove it from the heat.
- Now it’s time to add fresh red chili, lime juice, and lime zest to the rice. Drizzle all ingredients into the rice and mix it well.
- It is ready to serve. Enjoy it.
WAYS TO SERVE CILANTRO LIME RICE
This recipe is amazing because you can make it a combo with Asian and Mexican dishes. It can go with protein or veggies both, the choice is yours. Here below there are some protein and veggie options to take with Cilantro Lame Rice.
- Chicken Manchurian
- Baked Chicken Legs
- Salmon with Honey Glazed Sauce
- Garlic Butter Shrimps
- Roasted Broccoli
- Beans with Balsamic Reduction Sauce
- Zucchini Fries
- Bok Choy
This recipe can be stored. You can store Cilantro Lime Rice for a week in an airtight box in the fridge. To reheat just put it in the oven for one minute or you can do it on the stove. If you want freshness in it after storage you can add some drops of lime juice in it. But if you want to store it for a long time keep it in an airtight box or bag and freeze it for 3 months in the freezer. When you feel a craving to eat them just take them from the freezer and take a portion of rice and microwave it for about 2 minutes.
MORE RICE DISHES
Here below you have more options for rice.
- Tex-Mex Lazy Tomato Rice
- Firecracker Shrimp and Rice
- Mexican Rice
- South Indian-Style Yellow Rice
AND IF YOU LOVE THAT CILANTRO LIME FLAVOR
If you love to eat Cilantro flavors here are some recipes that you can make easily
- Lime-and-Cilantro-Stuffed Black Bass
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Pan-Roasted Chicken with Cilantro-Lime Salsa Verde
Cilantro Lime Rice is easy to make and takes less time. You can eat it with veggies and Protein. This recipe is full of nutrients that are healthy for our bodies. It is the best side dish with a different combo of Veggies or Meat, Chicken & Pork. Its freshness and flavors force you to eat it every day.
FAQS – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is cilantro lime rice good for you?
- Yes, it is a healthy dish for you and you can take it with different types of veggies and protein meals. It is the best source of nutrients.
- What is cilantro rice made of?
- It is very simple to cook you need Rice long-grain, Lime Juice, Cilantro, and Lime Zest. If you want to cook it follow the recipe instructions.
- What can I use instead of cilantro in cilantro lime rice?
- If you don’t like cilantro you can use different herbs in its replacement like Dill, Parsley, and Fresh Basil.