Chocolate mug cake is a quick and easy dessert that can satisfy your sweet cravings in just a few minutes. It's a perfect treat for anyone who loves chocolate but doesn't want to spend hours in the kitchen. This recipe is designed for those who want to indulge in a rich, moist, and decadent chocolate cake without the hassle of baking a whole cake. With just a few simple ingredients and a microwave, you can have a delicious and comforting dessert ready in no time.
This recipe is ideal for those who want a single-serving dessert or for those who want to make a quick and easy dessert for their family or friends. So, let's get started and learn how to make a chocolate mug cake.
CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
All-purpose flour: It is a versatile type of wheat flour that can be used in a variety of baked goods such as cakes, cookies, bread, and pastries. It is a blend of hard and soft wheat and has a moderate protein content, which makes it ideal for making tender and fluffy baked goods.
Unsweetened cocoa powder: It is a finely ground powder made from roasted cocoa beans. It is used in baking to add a rich chocolate flavor and dark color to cakes, brownies, and other desserts. Unsweetened cocoa powder has a bitter taste and is usually used in combination with sugar to balance the flavor.
Baking powder: It is a leavening agent that helps baked goods rise by producing carbon dioxide when mixed with liquid and heat. Baking powder is a combination of baking soda, cream of tartar, and cornstarch.
Sugar: It is a sweetener that is used in baking to add sweetness and moisture to cakes, cookies, and other desserts. Sugar can come in various forms such as granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and brown sugar.
Salt: It is a seasoning that is used to enhance the flavor of baked goods. Salt can balance out the sweetness in desserts and can also strengthen the gluten in the flour, making baked goods more tender and fluffy.
Milk: It is a liquid that is used in baking to add moisture and richness to baked goods. Milk can be used in various forms such as whole milk, skim milk, and buttermilk.
Oil: It is a liquid fat that is used in baking to add moisture and richness to baked goods. It can be used in various forms such as vegetable oil, canola oil, and olive oil.
Chocolate hazelnut spread: It is a sweet spread made from chocolate and hazelnuts. It is commonly used as a topping for toast or waffles, but can also be used in baking to add a rich and nutty flavor to cakes and brownies. One of the most popular brands of chocolate hazelnut spread is Nutella.
THE BEST PALEO CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
- Shake the dry ingredients together. The dry ingredients should be mixed in a separate, smaller bowl.
- Toss in the liquids. The next step is to incorporate the liquids into the dry ingredients, creating a batter-like consistency.
- Get a mug and pour. Remember to use a microwave-safe mug, as this is a microwave mug cake.
- Add-on time! Put the chocolate hazelnut spread smack dab in the middle if you're using it! The same applies to plug-ins generally. The batter will sink it without your having to push on it.
- Microwave! Preparation time! Just 70 seconds in the microwave should do it.
HERE ARE A FEW OTHER CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE TIPS
- Don't use a jumbo mug, otherwise, the cake will be lost in your drink. Maybe if you're making these for yourself, but if you're going to serve them to guests as dessert, a smaller mug would be more appropriate. The standard-size coffee mugs were too big, so I switched to these smaller 9-ounce ones (seen).
- Everything can be combined right in the cup you plan to drink from. I find it more convenient to mix the ingredients in a measuring cup and then transfer them to the mug.
- While the mug cake cooks in the microwave, it will puff up like a soufflé or cylindrical cylinder. Don't freak out. Once the material cools, it just collapses once more.
- When you remove these cupcakes from the microwave, they will be VERY hot. Wait a few minutes for them to cool off before eating.
- The optimal cooking time for your microwave could be anywhere from 45 seconds to 2 minutes, so you should experiment to find the sweet spot. They will be more brownie-like and moist if you reduce the baking time.
CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE (GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Organic Powdered Sugar
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and other fruit
- Chocolate Chips
- Zested orange
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a measuring cup.
- Pour the batter into your mug and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until the cake is cooked through.
- Enjoy plain or top with coconut whipped cream, powdered sugar or berries.
- Make sure to read the tips above and watch the video for a chocolate mug cake that turns out perfect every time!
- If you would like to use the oven instead of microwave, you can bake this in a 3 inch ramekin at 375 degrees Farenheit for 20 minutes. But, if you don’t want to just bake one mug cake and utilize your entire oven space, then I suggest making my Molten Chocolate Cake