A perfect recipe for parties or gifts. Chocolate Covered Strawberries are just amazing for Valentine's Day with a homemade touch. Pick just two ingredients from the kitchen to make it, strawberry and chocolate. It is best gift for a lover or friend and amazing thing is that it takes just 30 seconds. Strawberries coated with a rich layer of chocolate give you sweetness from the inside.
CHOCOLATE BRANDS I RECOMMEND
There are a lot of brands of chocolates in stores but I will highly recommend them which are listed below.
- Pascha Chocolate: This is organic, free from gluten, and dairy items, and didn’t use soy or vegan in it. It has two flavors little bit dark and sweet but I love both. White chocolate is also available in this version.
- Hu Chocolate: It is also like the above gluten-free, with no use of soy and vegan, and free from dairy items. But it is 70% dark chocolate and has a bitter flavor.
- Lily’s Chocolate: It has the best trade-certified certificate. Soy is used to making it but it is sweet in flavor and keto free.
SHOULD YOU ADD OIL TO THE CHOCOLATE?
Add oil in chocolate to make a layer of strawberry is optional for you. But if you feel the need you can use 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. It gives a smooth texture to the outer layer of the strawberry. It helps to save the layer from crumbling.
CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRY TIPS
Before making this sweet chocolate layered strawberry you need to follow these tips.
- You need to wash strawberries and dry them completely with a kitchen towel. It is necessary if you will dip a wet strawberry into chocolate the layer can’t stick to it.
- If you are going to use frozen strawberries, first take them out of the freezer and put them on the countertop of the kitchen to reach room temperature. If you will use frozen strawberries after some time they become wet and chocolate could not stay on them.
- After making a layer of chocolate on strawberry remove the access chocolate and scrape it on the edge of the bowl. This method saves the baking sheet from the mess of chocolate on it.
- For making the chocolate layer you can pour melted chocolate into a bowl or into a glass jar to make the layering process easy.
- Keep them in the fridge to set and serve them at room temperature. With this method, the chocolate layer didn’t convert into crumbles.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRIES
Arrange ingredients to make chocolate-covered strawberries o the kitchen shelf. Once you get chocolate, coconut oil, and fresh strawberries then let’s start to make.
- Cover the player or tray to put coated strawberries in it.
- Wash the strawberries one by one and remove all dirt from them.
- Dry them completely by taking them one by one with a kitchen towel.
- Take a microwave-safe bowl to melt the chocolate. Put chocolate chips or chunks of chocolate into a bowl and microwave it for 20 seconds. You can also melt chocolate on the stove with the double boiler method.
- Pick the strawberry with leaves and dip it into chocolate. Rotate it to make a chocolate layer around it.
- After making the layer repeat the process for all of them and keep them on a baking sheet to dry.
- If you are not in hurry let them on the kitchen shelf to dry at room temperature otherwise you can keep them in the freezer for a speedy process.
GET CREATIVE WITH TOPPINGS
If you are a creative person and have free time then decorate the strawberries with different methods.
- You can drizzle the remaining chocolate on the covered strawberries. Take a piping bag and pour melted chocolate into it. Now try to make zig-zag lines on covered strawberries with opposite colors.
- To make them much more tempting sprinkle chopped nuts of your choice on the wet chocolate layers.
- Shredded coconut is also the best option to decorate strawberries.
- Take a pan and roast the shredded coconut until it converts into golden brown color. Now put it in a bowl and covered strawberries with its layer of chocolate.
MAKE THESE AHEAD OF TIME
It will best day fo you when you make them. If you want a crunch on it put it into the airtight box and keep them in the freezer for 2 days. When you make layers on it keep them on the tray to dry them and keep moisture away from them.
MORE BITE-SIZED DESSERTS
If you want to enjoy every day a new bite-size dessert, some are listed here.
- Geode Cake Pops
- Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies
- Chocolate CocomutMacroones
Healthy and budget dessert. Source of multivitamins and is perfect for gifts and parties. Make your home parties mouth-watering with simple and easy desserts like Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you get chocolate to stick to strawberries?
- Rinse the strawberries with water and dry them carefully because if they will wet chocolate layer can’t sit on them.
- Should strawberries be cold before dipping in chocolate?
- No, if you will use frozen strawberries. They create a mess because chocolate and water can’t work together.
- Why can't you refrigerate chocolate-covered strawberries?
- The best way to store them, dry them at room temperature and then keep in airtight box and freeze them.