Are you searching for gluten-free recipes? Then you are in the right spot because today I am here to share an interesting recipe for those who prefer gluten-free foods and that is Cassava Flour Tortillas, you can cook it or use it any way you want, you can eat it for fajitas many other foldable forms. People always prefer healthy diets and many of them are always concerned about gluten present in their daily food items this recipe is the best option for those who crave gluten-free diets. All the ingredients and everything is used so wisely that you will love to taste it and this time you do not have to worry about the amount of gluten in it.
CASSAVA FLOUR TORTILLA INGREDIENTS
There are some interesting and healthy ingredients in this recipe and there is a complete balance of every ingredient in this recipe so that it tastes well. Every ingredient has its importance and flavor so that you can enjoy your gluten-free tortilla at home. Here we are going to mention the detail of the ingredients used in this recipe.
- Cassava Flour: the main ingredient in this recipe is Cassava Flour, because there is so much flour in the market but the perfect dough is made with this flour otherwise your dough may appear sticky and tough. So for making the best dough I need Cassava flour.
- Cream of Tartar: when you bake food you always need a leavening agent and Cream of Tartar adds a little more fluff to the tortillas so that they may look fluffy and fresh. If I cannot find the cream of tartar thenI leave it because it is optional and I can still bake the tortilla without using it.
- Baking Soda: it is used for baking goods that’s why to give a rise to doughuse just ¼ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Oil:we are free to use any kind of oil, you can use olive, butter, coconut, or any other cooking oil or fat here but palm oil was used in the original recipe so I prefer this one but you can use any other as well.
- Warm Water: To make the fluffy and yummy dough just make sure that the water is warm, otherwise, the quality of the dough can be affected.
HOW TO MAKE CASSAVA FLOUR TORTILLAS?
You can make Cassava Flour Tortillas by following these instructions:
In the very first step, I mixed the cassava flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Knead the oil in dry ingredients for a few minutes until it dries.
Now add warm water, firstly the dough will be wet and sticky, but soon the flour starts absorbing water and the dough becomes slightly soft and able to mold.
After mounding the dough just transforms it into a log shape and make pieces of it and then roll each piece in a ball.
Take a tortilla press, place the ball between two pieces of parchment paper, and then start pressing it into a flat tortilla.
Heat the pan and place one tortilla in the pan and cook it for one minute on each side. Continue cooking all tortillas and keep them on a plate with a paper towel.
Now you can eat it immediately or place it in the refrigerator.
WAYS TO STORE CASSAVA FLOUR TORTILLAS
The Cassava Flour Tortillas are easy to make and store, you can also put them in the freezer for the future.
- To Store: You can store them in sealable bags for 3 to 4 days.
- To Freeze: You can store tortillas for 3 months but place parchment paper between them so that they do not stick with each other. I always prefer this method for storing them.
USE THESE CASSAVA FLOUR TORTILLAS FOR…
You can use these tortillas for making tacos, fajitas, wraps, and chips. It is very easy to mold the dough in any of these forms so that you can enjoy your gluten-free food in your desired form, but I made it in tacos form.
The Cassava Flour Tortillas are the most loved dish for people who prefer gluten-free foods, it is very simple and easy to make and you can eat them as fajitas, tacos, or any other form without any problem, the ingredients used in this recipe are so simple and the main ingredient is cassava flour because the texture of dough depends on it.
Can I store Cassava Flour Tortillas in the refrigerator?
Yes, you can store them in refrigerators for 3 months, use parchment paper to avoid stickiness.