Are you sick of your daily boring breakfast? Then you are in the right spot because today I am here to introduce you to the awesome Gluten free crepes, that are rich in taste and free of unnecessary glutens and you can eat them with yummy spread and cream rolls and many other combinations. Many people are searching for gluten-free foods that are rich in taste and this dish is super fresh and tasty you can make your breakfast more interesting instead of using the same old pancakes and bread slices. It looks very yummy and because of its pairing with many other dishes makes it tastier.
GLUTEN-FREE CREPE INGREDIENTS
The gluten-free crepes are so easy to cook and you can make them in no time with few ingredients, it does not require any fancy items, I mentioned a list of ingredients below so that you can use all of them to have a tasty breakfast item.
- Cassava Flour: Otto’s cassava flour is highly recommended because I used this flour in this recipe and it proves best.
- Eggs: eggs are needed for this recipe, I used 2 eggs here and the taste seems perfect with these 2 eggs.
- Coconut Milk: you can use any type of milk here but I made this recipe with coconut milk, so for the perfect taste, I will suggest you use this coconut milk.
- Coconut Oil: to avoid stickiness in pain I used coconut oil here.
- Vanilla Extract::for the sweet taste, I used vanilla extract, this ingredient is optional you can skip it if you want.
- Salt: Just for balancing taste.
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN-FREE CREPES
It is very simple to make these gluten-free crepes, just by following these mentioned steps:
- Mix up the batter.Take a bowl and put all the above-mentioned ingredients in it and then mix all these ingredients for 1 minute until it appears thin, after that just leave it for 10 minutes so that it settles.
- Cook the crepes.On medium or low flame heat up your pan and make sure it is not too hot, then cook your crepes over it. If it is heated up then lift the pan and scoop some batter in the pan so that the crepes could fry properly.
- Layer the crepes correctly.Now layered all the crepes and place them properly along with parchment paper between them so that they do not stick with each other.
ACHIEVE THE SMOOTHEST GLUTEN-FREE CREPES WITH THESE TIPS
- Make sure your batter is thin. Just make sure that the crepe batter is light and thin. If it is heavy then whisk more water into the mix.
- Don’t let your pan get too hot. Another common and repeated mistake is heating up the pan too much because, on a super hot pan, the crepe becomes hard instead of smooth, so make sure that flame is low to medium for perfect crepes.
SWEET AND SAVORY CREPE IDEAS
As I mentioned before, gluten-free crepes are used in many combinations, that's why you can use these crepes for sweet or savory meals, here I mentioned a few combinations I made with this recipe.
- Strawberry Chia Seed Jam Crepe: take a spoon of strawberry chia seed jam on the crepe and fold it up and then top it with coconut cream and other yummy dry fruits.
- Sweet Potato and Chicken Crepe: layer the sweet potato crepe onto a crepe. You can layer shredded chicken over the crepe and then roll it for the perfect bite.
- Nutella Banana Crepe: For a sweet taste just layer the Nutella over the crepe and top it with banana slices and other ingredients.
- Mushroom and Spinach Crepe: layer them over the crepe.
HOW TO STORE GLUTEN-FREE CREPES
- To store: You can store cooked crepes in air-tight bags for 1 week in your fridge.
- To freeze: You can freeze them for 3 months in the fridge by placing parchment paper between them to avoid stickiness.
For how many months can I store gluten-free crepes?
You can store these crepes for 3 months in the freezer in air-tight containers.
The Gluten-free crepes are unique and easy to make by using a few handfuls of ingredients present in your kitchen, you can use them with many combos like fruits and other morning jams, and evening snacks. It requires eggs, a pinch of salt, coconut milk, cassava flour, and coconut oil and can be cooked in no time.