Are you searching for a dinner recipe that satisfies all your cravings? Then you are in the right spot because today I am here to introduce a delicious recipe with you named,Carnitas stuffed poblano pepper. This recipe is so easy to make and it is full of taste along with a balance in ingredients so that you can have a perfect dish by using a few delicious ingredients.
I used very few ingredients to make this yummiest and cheesy dinner, it can be cooked at home by using roasted poblanos that are filled with ultra-tender carnitas and a few other taste-exaggerated ingredients like black beans, corn, and red onion. To give your dish a complete and finished look I sprinkled melted cheese. Everyone wants to maintain a balanced diet along with flavor that's why I used every ingredient very wisely so that there is a balance in taste and fats. and finished with a small sprinkle of melted cheese.
WHAT ARE POBLANO PEPPERS?
I used poblano peppers in this recipe, most of you want to know about this so let me explain that poblano peppers are dark green beauties, that are a form of chili peppers but these chillis are grown in Puebla in Mexico. These chilies are not so harsh, they are medium in heat and you can use them in the required quantity. On heating these chillis give a bold and spicy flavor and increase the taste of the dish in which they are utilized.
INGREDIENTS FORCARNITAS STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
I used every ingredient very wisely so that there is balance in taste and nutrients which means you can eat a healthy as well as delicious dinner. Here is the list of ingredients I used in this recipe:
- Carnitas: it is the main ingredient and rich in fats because of its content, and to make it more juicy and delicious I used pork shoulder because of its fatty content.
- Red Onion: to give flavor and crunch, I added red onion.
- Cheese: I love cheese a lot that’s why I used cheddar cheese in this recipe.
- Black Beans: For beefing this up I used black beans here.
- Corn: To enhance the flavor and improved texture of the dish I added corn.
- Poblano Peppers: as I mentioned I am using special Poblano peppers in this recipe.
FIRST, LET’S MAKE CARNITAS
I cooked carnitas in a slow cooker:
- I mixed all the spices and then blended spice on the pork shoulder and then placed it in the cooker, After that I added onions and some orange juices to the cooker and cooked for 8 hours on low heat.
- After that I shredded it with a fork and for crispy edges I baked carnitas in the oven.
HOW TO MAKE CARNITAS STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
Now carnitas are ready, then I assembled them with poblano peppers,
- Bake the poblano peppers. For the baking purpose, I heated the oven and after slicing thepoblano peppers I placed them in a baking dish for 15 minutes until they soften.
- Make the filling.For making the filling I mixed the carnitas, black beans, corn, and red onion in a bowl.
- Load up the peppers!After removing the peppers from the oven, I filled them with mixture and carnitas and then baked them for 10 minutes so that sprinkled cheese melts properly.
- Garnish and serve. You can serve them with some fresh chopped cilantro for a fresh touch.
WAYS TO STORE AND REHEAT STUFFED PEPPERS
Here’s how to store them:
- To Store: You can store these peppers easily for 5 days in an airtight container.
- To Freeze: I freezethe peppers for 2 months in freezer-safe containers easily.
- For Reheating: before reheating remove peppers from the fridge a night before reheating. For heating purposes heat them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to store poblano peppers for months?
A: you can store poblano peppers in the fridge for 2 months by placing them in freezer safe container.
The Carnitas stuffed poblano peppers can be cooked at home without using any fancy ingredients, you need carnitas, onions, cheese, corn, poblano peppers, and a few other garnishing ingredients for making this recipe. You can cook it anytime without any worries because there is a balance in ingredients so that you can eat healthy as well as delicious recipes. It’s a nutritious, flavorful, and filling meal your family will love.