Carne asada tacos are Mexican-inspired street tacos made with flank beef! Just top your tortilla with tender steak chunks, avocado, onion, cotija cheese, and fresh cilantro.
Mexican cooking, in my opinion, is all about fresh ingredients, robust flavors, and simple seasonings. It's uncomplicated, friendly, and, let's face it, it's always the right meal for a party or a good time.
So, what's the ultimate formula for a fun time or party? Tacos with carne asada! They're quite simple to prepare using my citrusy grilled carne asada. Toss the meat on the grill, cut it up, layer it on a tortilla, then top it with my finest guacamole ever!
CARNE ASADA TACOS INGREDIENTS
This dish requires only a few ingredients and, preferably, a hot grill outside. However, an indoor grill pan will suffice for the carne asada!
- Carne Asada: I usually use flank steak for carne asada, but skirt steak also works.
- Avocado: I mashed plain avocado into the tortilla, but guacamole would also work.
- Onion: Use diced yellow, white, or red onions.
- Lemon: A squeeze of fresh lime juice is required!
- Cilantro: A sprinkling of fresh cilantro never goes wrong.
- Cotija cheese: It is my go-to cheese for Mexican tacos.
- Tortillas: I like cassava flour tortillas, but any would suffice!
HOW TO MAKE CARNE ASADA TACOS
Let the fun begin once you've cooked your steak! Just grab a tortilla and smear it with avocado. There's no requirement for precise avocado slices. Then top with a generous portion of diced carne asada, cotija or queso fresco cheese, chopped onion, and fresh cilantro. Squeeze some fresh lime on top, and you've got yourself some delicious carne asada tacos!
TACO TOPPING IDEAS
Apart from the necessities mentioned above, there's always room to spice up your tacos. Here are a few options:
- Dollop some chunky pico de gallo or pour some homemade salsa on top. Add my tangy lime crema or spicy chipotle sauce for a creamy finish.
- For tacos, I like to use cotija cheese, although queso fresco or any Mexican mix would do.
- Fresh Veggies: For an extra fresh crunch, thinly slice some radish.
Want More TACO RECIPES?
I love Mexican cuisine, but tacos are my true love language. Therefore, there are plenty of options for you!
- Taco Salad
- Prime Rib Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos
- Carnitas Tacos
- Grilled Fish Tacos
CARNE ASADA TACOS
- 1 recipe carne asada
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoon cotija cheese
- ⅓ cup onion, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 tortillas
- limes, for garnish
- Grill the carne asada until it’s cooked to your preference. Slice it against the grain, then chop it into small pieces.
- Use a spoon to mash the avocado and spread a large spoonful or two onto each tortilla. Then, top the avocado with chopped carne asada, a sprinkle of cotija cheese, some diced onion and fresh cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top.
- If you’re looking for the perfect cocktail to serve with these carne asada tacos, I highly recommend my Classic Margarita or Mango Margaritas.