All the traditional tastes of Mexico are included in this marinade for beef asada. The use of just six basic ingredients results in a dish that is zingy, spicy, and cooling. Simply combine everything in a bowl, let the steak marinade for a few hours, and be done. In no time, you'll have a juicy, delicious steak.
If you enjoy Mexican food, you're definitely familiar with carne asada. It is used in a variety of dishes, including french fries and tacos. But the marinade is what actually makes or breaks a mouthwatering carne asada. Without it, the flank steak would just be a routine piece of meat.
After tasting the ingredients in this flavorful, authentic marinade for carne asada, you'll start marinating steak frequently just to eat it.
CARNE ASADA MARINADE INGREDIENTS
The very best? It's really simple to make this marinade. There are only six items required, some of which you may already have. But, feel free to modify this recipe as you please! You can add an orange to make it sweeter, or you can add paprika to make it hotter.
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Cilantro
- Garlic Cloves
- Cumin Powder
- Chili Powder
- Salt And Pepper
HOW TO MAKE A CARNE ASADA MARINADE
Are you prepared to satisfy your palate? This marinade can be made and applied as follows:
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients using a whisk.
- Pour the marinade over the steak in a glass or ceramic baking dish, making sure both sides are completely covered. Then marinate for 1-4 hours with the tray covered in plastic wrap.
HOW TO STORE THIS MARINADE
For the freshest flavor, it is preferable to create this marinade just before using it.
Meat that has been marinated can be kept in the refrigerator for up to five days, according to foodsafety.gov. But since you'll want to eat the steak, I highly doubt it will. Just remember to cover the baking sheet or glass while it marinates in the fridge.
MORE MEXICAN SEASONINGS AND DRESSINGS
- A dab of avocado dressing will be the ideal finishing touch for a taco salad.
- Coat your proteins in this hearty and savory taco seasoning if you're cooking shrimp tacos or a taco soup.
- This homemade fajita seasoning hits the mark for the ideal chicken fajita flavor.
CARNE ASADA MARINADE
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced (about 6 tablespoons)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade on top of the steak, ensuring both sides of the steak are well coated.
- Cover and marinate for 1-4 hours in the refrigerator, before grilling.