Are you tired of dry, flavorless chicken breasts? Look no further than the best-baked chicken breast recipe. This dish is not only easy to make but is also packed with flavor and is incredibly juicy. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress. So preheat your oven and get ready to create the best-baked chicken breast you've ever tasted!
I love making baked chicken breasts for dinner. It's a healthy and filling option that always satisfies my cravings. But, I wanted to add some new flavors to the dish, so I decided to experiment with some new ingredients.
The result was a delicious and flavorful baked chicken breast that was a hit with my family. The addition of the Parmesan crust and roasted vegetables gave the dish a new spin that we all loved. I'm excited to continue experimenting with new flavors and ingredients in my baked chicken breast recipe.
BAKED CHICKEN BREAST INGREDIENTS
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Fresh parsley and lemon zest for garnish (optional)
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU BAKE CHICKEN BREASTS?
The baking time for chicken breasts depends on factors such as the size of the chicken breast and whether it is boneless or bone-in with skin or skinless. If you are cooking large boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven, they should be cooked for 20 to 30 minutes.
On the other hand, if you are cooking large bone-in chicken breasts with skin on, they should be cooked for 35 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
WHAT’S THE BEST INTERNAL TEMPERATURE?
The best internal temperature for baked chicken breasts is 165°F (75°C). It's important for the chicken to reach this temperature and remain at that temperature for at least 30 seconds to ensure that it's safe to eat. Exceeding this temperature can result in dry, chewy chicken.
TIPS FOR THE JUICIEST CHICKEN BREASTS
Here are some tips to help you achieve the juiciest chicken breasts when baking:
- Brine the chicken: Soak the chicken breasts in a saltwater solution for at least 30 minutes before baking. This helps the chicken retain moisture and prevents it from drying out.
- Use a marinade: Marinating the chicken before baking adds flavor and moisture to the meat. A simple marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs can make a big difference in the juiciness of the chicken.
- Don't overcook: Overcooking the chicken is one of the main reasons for dry and tough meat. Always check the internal temperature of the chicken and remove it from the oven once it reaches 165°F (75°C).
HOW TO BAKE CHICKEN BREASTS IN THE OVEN
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper.
Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish, then brush both sides with the olive oil mixture.
Bake the chicken breasts in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and let them rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you have any leftover baked chicken breasts, let them cool to room temperature before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Freeze for later:
If you want to freeze the baked chicken breasts, let them cool completely before transferring them to a freezer-safe container or bag. They can last for up to 6 months in the freezer. To thaw, place them in the refrigerator overnight.
If you need to reheat the baked chicken breasts, there are a few ways to do so. Here are some options:
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Microwave: Place the chicken breasts on a microwave-safe plate and cover them with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stovetop: Heat a small amount of oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until heated through.
How do I know when my baked chicken breast is cooked through?
The best way to know if a chicken breast is cooked through is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F (75°C).
How long should I let my chicken rest after baking?
It's important to let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes after baking to allow the juices to redistribute and the meat to become more tender.
Can I marinate my chicken breast before baking it?
Yes, marinating chicken breasts before baking them can add extra flavor and moisture. Be sure to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before baking.
Can I use bone-in chicken breasts for baking?
Yes, bone-in chicken breasts can be used for baking. The cooking time may be slightly longer, so be sure to use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
How can I prevent my chicken from sticking to the baking dish?
To prevent the chicken from sticking to the baking dish, be sure to grease the dish well with oil or cooking spray before adding the chicken
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner option, this baked chicken breast recipe is a great choice. It only takes about 20 minutes to make, it’s packed with healthy ingredients, and it tastes delicious. Whether you need to feed one or many people in your household, this meal will be sure to please!