A dish with a layer of Mexican flavors is a bright and outstanding meal that contains juicy beef, lime rice & fresh homemade salsa.
It is an amazing Barbacoa Burrito bowl with a lot of flavors and color combinations that force everyone to taste it. Burrito bowls keep special importance in my house because it is full of nutrients and after it you didn’t need to eat anything. Made them from leftover meat, and rice by adding some fresh ingredients to them. If you add its cost it will be less than the bowl which you take in the restaurant. So why you will not love it?
You can see me when I make Carnitas Burrito Bowl but when I have barbacoa beef in large quantity I can make a bowl of it. I want to say if you look at the images how it looks delicious. Still, if I have leftover barbacoa meat I will make barbacoa tacos in my next dish.
LET’S MAKE A BEEF BARBACOA BURRITO BOWL
You need to follow these simple steps to make a bowl.
- Take leftover barbacoa tender meat and lime rice. Keep in the microwave for 2 minutes until both become warm.
- The next step is to layer your bowl. First, take lime rice to set the base of the bowl, and then add beans, corn, barbacoa beef, and tomatoes in a cube shape.
- To give it a fantastic touch of garnishing you need to avocado slice, sour cream, and chopped cilantro. If you want it much more colorful you can make add more ideas.
GET CREATIVE WITH FLAVORFUL TOPPINGS
If you love to make or cook dishes you have different variations to add to a barbacoa burrito bowl. To make this bowl flavourful here list out some topping ideas.
- If you want some sweetness in it you can add mango salsa in it, for a touch of spice add tomato salsa and for creamy texture add avocado salsa in it. All these salsa variations give it a bright look.
- Each sauce has a different taste. You can add sour cream, reduced blueberry sauce, and chipotle sauce for a smokey touch.
- Want some crunch then add carrots, radishes, onion, and cabbage in it.
- Mexican dishes can’t be complete without cheese. You can use any type of shredded cheese to give it a cheesy texture.
BURRITO BOWL MEAL PREP TIPS
It is always a wonderful idea for meal prep. To make it quickly just put all ingredients in their separate containers and keep them in the fridge. You can save it for about 4 days in the fridge not in the freezer.
- Store each ingredient of the Burrito bowl in a single container to save them from sogginess and spoilage. If you do have not enough containers then save corn and bean in the same airtight container and keep them in the fridge.
- As you know avocados can turn their color in a short time and their texture will not be yummy. To save from it cut or slice avocado just before mixing in the bowl.
MORE MEXICAN-INSPIRED RECIPES
Mexican recipes have different flavors and tastes. Mexican dishes are simple and quick to make. And in these dishes all ingredients are healthy.
- Chicken Fajitas
- Mexican Rice
- Birria Tacos
- Smoky Veggie Nachos
- Pork Tacos
- Breakfast Burrito
BARBACOA BURRITO BOWL RECIPE VIDEO
Would you like if I will make this dish easy for you? But how? I know you are thinking about it. Sometimes we can make perfect dishes whether they are easy to make. I have an idea for you you can watch the Barbacoa Burrito Bowl video to make it perfect.
Barbacoa Burrito Bowl is a mix of nutrients. A fantastic meal made with leftover ingredients. Juicy, creamy, and a little bit cheesy.A perfect bowl for food lovers. You can serve it with different variations to your guests. A combo of protein, Vitamin C, and A, Iron, Calcium, and a lot of minerals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of meat is barbacoa?
If you made it according to tradition you need a large piece of meat and need to cook it on slow heat. You can use a large piece of meat or a whole animal for it. In Mexico to make barbacoa meat typically used goat, lamb, beef, and meat.
What kind of dish is barbacoa?
Barbacoa Burrito Bowl is a Mexican dish. Barbacoa is a way to cook meat in slow heat in its juice & broth. According to tradition, it was cooked underground but in the new century it is cooked on the stove, wood fire, and in a cooker on slow