If you are going out and want to get something with you that can last long in your journey, just take a hotpot with you and prepare air fryer chicken wings which I am telling you about here in this recipe. These chicken wings are too soft and creamy from the inside and much crispy from the outside and can last for a few hours in a hotpot until the outer temperature goes too high.
Basically, air fryer chicken wings are chicken wings that are cooked in an air fryer. The air fryer uses hot air to circulate and cook the food, resulting in crispy wings without the need for deep frying in oil. Chicken wings are a popular dish that can be served as an appetizer or a main course, and air fryer wings are a healthier alternative to traditional fried wings as they use less oil.
THE BEST LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS, EVER
Air fryer chicken wings can be seasoned with a variety of spices and sauces like lemon pepper seasoning and sauces to suit your taste preferences. They are also quick and easy to prepare, making them a perfect option for a tasty and convenient meal.
LET’S TALK INGREDIENTS
All you need to make these crispy wings are the following four items which are explained below:
- The major item in this recipe is surely the chicken wings.
- Olive Oil is needed on the other hand for soaking and making the wings crispier.
- I am using lemon Pepper Seasoning, but I can’t bound you to use this one. You can use any seasoning of your own choice. I recommend using what I am using for the best results.
- Salt can be used as per taste because it is already present in lemon pepper seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
Air fryer chicken wings are very creamy and crunchy pies that can be made in less than half an hour's time. So here is the step by step recipe for making these tasty wings:
Heat up your air fryer to 375°F.
Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels.
In a small bowl, mix together the salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
In a separate bowl, toss the chicken wings with the baking powder to coat them evenly.
Sprinkle the spice mixture over the wings and toss to coat.
Drizzle the wings with olive oil and toss to coat.
Place the chicken wings in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching each other.
Cook for 25-30 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through the cooking time. Check the internal temperature of the wings to ensure they are cooked through (165°F for chicken).
If desired, toss the wings with your favorite sauce and serve immediately.
TIPS FOR THE BEST AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
I suggest some extra tips below which can be availed in order to have excited touch with your serving:
Keep the chicken wings dry with a paper towel to ensure that they are not too moist. This will help them get crispy. Coating your chicken wings with baking powder will help them get crispy in the air fryer.
Make sure to leave space between the chicken wings in the air fryer basket to allow for proper air circulation. Flip the wings halfway through the cooking time to ensure that both sides get crispy.
Depending on the size and thickness of your chicken wings, you may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature for the best results. Make sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken wings with a meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked through (165°F for chicken).
If you're using sauce, add it to the chicken wings in the air fryer basket in the last few minutes of cooking to avoid burning the sauce.
HOW TO REHEAT CRISPY CHICKEN WINGS
I recommend you try to serve the wings fresh because upon reheating the leftover cold fries, they will surely become non-crispy from the outside. Anyhow if you have some leftovers, you can reheat them in an oven at least for 2 minutes or can fry them for 2-3 minutes to get good results.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS (LEMON PEPPER)
- 1 pound chicken wings (about 10 wings), wingette and drummette separated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
LEMON PEPPER DIPPING SAUCE
- ¼ cup melted butter or ghee
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from half the zested lemon)
- 1 lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes at 390℉ (200℃). Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel, and place them in a mixing bowl. Toss the wings with the oil, lemon pepper seasoning, and salt.
- Place the wings in an even layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through or shaking and tossing the basket every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- While the chicken wings are cooking, prepare the lemon pepper sauce. Stir together the warm butter, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, and salt.
- Serve the chicken wings along with the dipping sauce. Alternatively, you can toss the chicken wings in a little bit of the sauce before serving.
- Each serving is about 3 wings.
- There’s a lot of air fryers to choose from. After doing a bit of research I purchased this Ninja Max Air Fryer and have been loving it!