This air fryer chicken breast dish is a must-have for the air fryer. The end result is wonderfully tender and juicy, thanks to a rapid 10-minute cooking time!
Because my baked chicken breast recipe has become a reader favorite, it was time to adapt it to work well in the air fryer! I'd even say this is my new favorite method to cook chicken breast.
It needs less cooking time and produces flawless results. Who doesn't enjoy that? Thus, if you have an air fryer, this is a go-to dish (along with my air fryer salmon) that you should have on hand to make healthy dinners a snap.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST INGREDIENTS
Here are some suggestions for what to look for in chicken breasts and what you'll need for seasoning.
- Chicken Breast: The trick to this dish is to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are around 7 ounces in size. Bigger breasts will take 1 to 4 minutes longer to cook.
- Seasoning: For basic chicken, a simple mixture of paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper works wonders. You may also add dried herbs like oregano or parsley!
HOW TO AIR FRY CHICKEN BREAST
Some recipes claim that you can cook chicken breasts in 8 minutes, but it is only true if you pound the chicken incredibly flat, like a pancake. The result is thin, dried chicken. If you want juicy chicken, gently pound it before air-frying it for 10 to 14 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breasts). These are all the steps:
Combine the spices in a mixing bowl. In a small dish, combine all of the ingredients and set aside.
It's air-fried time! Cook the chicken breasts in the air fryer for 7 minutes, smooth side down, at 375°F (190°C). Cook for a further 3 minutes (or more for bigger chicken breasts) before removing them from the air fryer.
HERE’S A COOKING GUIDELINE TO USE:
- 6–7 ounce chicken breasts: approximately 10–11 minutes total
- 8–9 ounce chicken breasts: approximately 11–12 minutes total
- 10 oz. or larger chicken breasts: approximately 13 to 14 minutes total
AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, or other herbs
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (7-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Mix together the spices. In a small bowl, stir together the spices.
- Pound the chicken. Lightly pound the chicken to flatten and reduce the large bump on one end.
- Season the chicken. Drizzle the oil over the chicken and make sure the chicken is well coated. Sprinkle the seasoning blend on both sides of the chicken and rub it into the chicken with your hands.
- Air fry the chicken. Add the chicken to the air fryer and cook smooth side down for 7 minutes at 375°F (190°C). Flip the chicken over and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C). Remove it to a plate and let it rest for a couple of minutes. The carryover cooking will increase the internal temperature by several more degrees while it rests.
- Serve it up. Serve the chicken with your favorite sides and enjoy!
- The air fryer I’m loving is this Ninja Max Air Fryer!